10-22-08 – Middle of the Night

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-22-08 – Middle of the Night

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster
    Killerclaw
    Participant

I wish i had a scanner to use my prints =(

*sad face*

staplermofo
    Participant

I was going to post this: http://www.staplerforums.com/whyareyoulookinghere/noideawhatyouretalkingabout.jpg
    But I decided against it.
    *le sigh*

corsec67
    Participant

My second 2 entries are similar to entries I have used before, but are different compositions.

I had to really check to make sure I hadn’t used the Fire-flower picture, since I was sure I had used it instead of the one where he drops the torch.

orionid
    Participant

None of my Frost Diner pics turned out the way I had hoped, thanks to a recent installation of a pair of 1.21 gigawatt floodlights in the parking lot and one of the “DINER” signs being burnt out….. Especially after seeing SilverStag’s entries. But I did come home at 2:30, open the fridge, and have an epiphany for my third shot.

Nice pics by the way to everybody…. I’m voting a lot this week.

soosh
    Participant

I love the open fridge shot.

Morningbreath
    Participant

Hey Elsinore could you fix this, or should I repost it?

MorningBreath (deleted: Broken image) 2008-10-22 08:15:16 PM

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got it, Morningbreath. Nice shot, btw. YA RLY

schnee
    Participant

I think I’ve got a theme ‘set’ of pics for this one – a theme within a theme.

Do I detect a little perspective control going down with your images? Some hot Tilt/Shift action maybe?

swampa
    Participant

Some hot Tilt/Shift action maybe?

Speaking of which, did you do that with your picture of the Capital?

schnee
    Participant

Some hot Tilt/Shift action maybe?

Speaking of which, did you do that with your picture of the Capital?

Yes.

I’m starting a love affair with my t/s lens. I need to figure out if I want to rotate the tilt-action 90 degrees on the one lens I have and / or buy a different focal length lens.

Or go Lens Baby.

corsec67
    Participant

Or go Lens Baby.

A lens baby isn’t a T/S lens. Nor is it a tilt lens.

It is a selectable focus lens, which can be useful, but shouldn’t be confused with a lens where “sharp” is a design consideration.

/has a Lensbabies 2.0, and keeps looking at T/S lenses.

swampa
    Participant

I’m starting a love affair with my t/s lens.

I see the t/s photos and think I would love a t/s lens, then I see the price and cry a little (why can’t I have all the lenses I want! 👿 Oh yeah, money :()

orionid
    Participant

I love the open fridge shot.

Well, thanks a lot, soosh. That ones doing a whole lot better than I imagined it would. A whole lot. Now my star trails……….

By the way, I’ll bite. What’s a Tilt/Shift lens and what can it do for me? If you guys respond to that in the hardware section, I’ll find it.

schnee
    Participant

Or go Lens Baby.

A lens baby isn’t a T/S lens. Nor is it a tilt lens.

It is a selectable focus lens, which can be useful, but shouldn’t be confused with a lens where “sharp” is a design consideration.

/has a Lensbabies 2.0, and keeps looking at T/S lenses.

You either just saved me the cost of a Lens Baby, or cost me the price of a new T/S. I’m not sure if I should thank you or curse you.

but I do know I need to avoid ‘mofo – he likes to mug people for their lenses

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • The topic ‘10-22-08 – Middle of the Night’ is closed to new replies.