10-22-08 – Middle of the Night

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-22-08 – Middle of the Night

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Inside, outside, sedate, rowdy, dark, bright, whatever – you figure it out. Stay up late and take some photos that capture the essence of the middle of the night.

Thanks for the theme suggestion, soosh!

SilverStag
    Participant

I’m looking forward to this one 🙂

soosh
    Participant

Yay! And almost right on my birthday!

orionid
    Participant

I’m going to have to go to the bar and research this one thoroughly. Anyone care to join?

corsec67
    Participant

Sweet, a theme for my “spinning stars” pictures.

SilverStag
    Participant

I think I’ve got a theme ‘set’ of pics for this one – a theme within a theme.

olavf
    Participant

I’m going to have to go to the bar and research this one thoroughly. Anyone care to join?

hah! I’ve bot a couple of years worth of blackmail, er….photos along that line. I wouldn’t mind taking something specific for the contest though, since that’s what I prefer.

corsec67
    Participant

Would it be cheating to use a picture of Drew?

orionid
    Participant

Well, I’ve been holding out for rain to try to get my last pic…. doesn’t look like it’s going to happen though, so I’m going to take the shot anyway. If anybody’s in the Northern VA area tonight, and you want to chat over a cup of coffee, I’ll be the guy hanging out at Frost (there’s only one, and if you know it, you know it by name) with the camera and bag.

U-Man
    Participant

Man, I love this theme and I screwed up and didn’t get anything new for it. Kids, work, blah, blah.

/got some from the files
    /taking the camera and tripod out for a drive.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I’d like to solicit feedback on a photo that made my finalists list this week. Is this,

“middle of the night” enough for this contest? It was dark outt, but not too long after sunset.

I’m fine not using it, but I do like it so I thought I’d get a ruling before the contest goes live.

corsec67
    Participant

I’d like to solicit feedback on a photo that made my finalists list this week. Is this,

“middle of the night” enough for this contest? It was dark outt, but not too long after sunset.

I’m fine not using it, but I do like it so I thought I’d get a ruling before the contest goes live.

That would work for me as far as the contest goes.
    Here is an image that I took from 10:00PM to 10:30PM, and most of it looks like it is daytime. For some reason I think I have better than that, so I probably am not going to be entering that.

soosh
    Participant

I could go either way with that. On the one hand, the photo does look like dusk, with the color in the sky. And the idea of the contest is to get a feeling of the middle of the night, not just evening.

On the other hand, shots like corsec’s, and plenty of mine taken in Alaska during full moon or the summer, look like daylight. I’m all for inclusiveness. My vote would be that it’s fine.

nobigdeal
    Participant
    corsec67 wrote:

Works for me. I only have a few late night shots and I don’t know if I am going to use any of them .

9pm here is 1am somewhere else right?

It’s dark…close enough for me.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

That would work for me as far as the contest goes.
    Here is an image that I took from 10:00PM to 10:30PM, and most of it looks like it is daytime. For some reason I think I have better than that, so I probably am not going to be entering that.

Thanks for the feedback (that goes for soosh and NoBigDeal too), I’ll consider it fair game for the contest. But I have two co-workers that vote on finalists each week and neither chose that shot so I’ll probably save it for another theme.

And I really like the star trail shot precisely because it looks like daylight but the trails clearly show it’s taken at night. But I have a bias and tend to like interesting long exposure shots a lot. I have no idea what voters like. That’s why I solicit feedback from friends at work each week before posting! The ones I love are generally not crowd favorites.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • The topic ‘10-22-08 – Middle of the Night’ is closed to new replies.