10-24-07 – Powers of Two

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-24-07 – Powers of Two

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Since 1024 is 2^10, or 2 times itself 10 times, show something that has power in sets of two

bobroberts
    Participant

You mean like — a pair of something which, because there are 2, there is a synergy of some kind?

schnee
    Participant

bobroberts: I think that is one valid interpretation. Another could be the power that a two-year-old has when he gets into his moods (grrr), but that would be a very situational photograph and would be difficult to make it a good photo.

FutherMucker
    Participant

[Borat voice] Nice ! 8) [/Borat voice] Am I naughty for thinking this will be a wonderful, BoobieFest contest?
    😆

corsec67
    Participant

[Borat voice] Nice ! 8) [/Borat voice] Am I naughty for thinking this will be a wonderful, BoobieFest contest?
    😆

You are not the first person to suggest that, so probably, yes.

FutherMucker
    Participant

Aha. I just now notice that staplermofo has beat me to it. Great minds…..I mean dirty minds think alike. Ha

bobroberts
    Participant

I’m not sure I even want to use this one, but I was hoping I could get a ruling from you all as to whether this is SFW or not:

Legs and Hands

Thoughts? It was in a public place in Prague, so it can’t be too terrible, can it?

-AT

Curious
    Participant

the general consensus on fark seems to be if it’s art, as in old masters type stuff, you are ok. that seems to include statues.

but IMNAFM. or YMMV

SilverStag
    Participant

My muse seems to have deserted me with respect to this theme. *sigh*

corsec67
    Participant

My muse seems to have deserted me with respect to this theme. *sigh*

Yeah, I think this theme is going to be quite depressing compared to the genius that was last week.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

the general consensus on fark seems to be if it’s art, as in old masters type stuff, you are ok. that seems to include statues.

but IMNAFM. or YMMV

Generally, that is the case, however, some employers get their panties in a bunch over even that much, and it could easily devolve into a debate over what constitutes ‘art’ or ‘old masters’ stuff (on the part of the employer to the hapless employee viewing the thread). It would probably be safer to link something like that, much as it honestly pains me to suggest it.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

You know what? strike that…it’s clearly classic enough art, I think it’s fine. Anything more detailed/modern/graphic might not pass muster, though.

bobroberts
    Participant

Thanks for the opinions….I still haven’t decided yet whether to use it or not, but I definitely see both sides to it and my thoughts echo both of Elsinore’s posts. On one boobie it’s clearly “art” (and in a public place, no less), yet on the other boobie I can see how some people might feel uncomfortable having something like that up on their screens at work. On a third boobie, though, if someone is looking through photos on Fark while at work, they shouldn’t be all that surprised to see things that are a little borderline. (And if they are surprised, they probably shouldn’t have been surfing Fark while at work anyway.)

I’ll decide at the last moment. I’m sure there will be plenty of other boob shots to take its place if I opt not to use it, though. 🙂

-AT

RcMacStudent
    Participant

How about posting it and then post a linked version only if it gets Adminned out?

soosh
    Participant

I’m struggling with this theme as well.

Also, would something like cross-processing, done in photoshop, but evenly across the whole photo, leave a photo eligible for farktography? I’m guessing no, but was curious.

as an example:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • The topic ‘10-24-07 – Powers of Two’ is closed to new replies.