10-29-08 – I, for One, Welcome…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-29-08 – I, for One, Welcome…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    evilzard
    Participant

Well actually, if you want to get technical, crocodilians, turtles, and birds are no longer included in the Class Reptilia – they have been assigned their own Classes: Class Aves for birds, Class Eusuchia for crocodilians, and Class Chelonia for turtles. The Class Reptilia now only includes lizard, snakes, and Sphenodontids (tuataras).

I’m, of course, a giant nerd and you should probably just ignore me and possibly point and laugh too.

I can’t believe there’s going to be a reptile theme!!

SilverStag
    Participant

I’m, of course, a giant nerd and you should probably just ignore me and possibly point and laugh too.

OK, will do! 🙂

evilzard
    Participant

Haha! Nice!

U-Man
    Participant

/I gots one or two turtle pics I plan on using.

orionid
    Participant

~points and laughs from the freaks and geeks table~

mopsy
    Participant

One of my entries is a croc. But SilverStag said it was okay, so I’m going with it. Besides, Wikipedia still lists crocs under reptiles, unless I read it wrong.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

A croc is a reptile as far as I’m concerned. I think SilverStag’s “reptile as generally defined/understood” criteria works for me.

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    SilverStag
    Participant

A croc is a reptile as far as I’m concerned. I think SilverStag’s “reptile as generally defined/understood” criteria works for me.

yeah. We’re Farktographers, not Zoologists.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

You forgot the “Dammit, Jim” part 😉

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I had two images I really liked that didn’t make the cut this week, so I thought I’d at least post them here. The first one is a different view/angle of some sort of banded lizard I ran across in Joshua Tree park. The black and white coloring on it’s neck looks like a tuxedo or a priest’s collar to me. The second one is an albino alligator in the San Francisco Science Center.

Morningbreath
    Participant

I had two images I really liked that didn’t make the cut this week, so I thought I’d at least post them here. The first one is a different view/angle of some sort of banded lizard I ran across in Joshua Tree park. The black and white coloring on it’s neck looks like a tuxedo or a priest’s collar to me. The second one is an albino alligator in the San Francisco Science Center.

you can use them in the B Side comtest when it comes up.

SilverStag
    Participant

Oh, all right:

orionid
    Participant

Oh, all right:

That’s…. just…..

I’m speechless. Wow.

soosh
    Participant

the aftermath of my shooting:

and you can’t tell, but the singed orange thing there in the leaves is one of the circus peanut guys from last week. the apartment building backdrop in this week’s contest was last week’s balloon toss game, and the circus peanut guy was still stuck to the cardboard.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • The topic ‘10-29-08 – I, for One, Welcome…’ is closed to new replies.