10-9-13 – No Disassemble!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 10-9-13 – No Disassemble!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Take something apart and make a photograph of the pieces. Wide open subjects, as found or DIY, destructive or surgical techniques, parts is parts.

Error detected! But not with Fluffybunny’s theme, which is ALIVE!

justkat
    Participant

I have a pic that is utterly and completely NSFW that I might have to link for this contest. Before y’all panic, it’s a mostly nude selfy… and for those that don’t know me, the disassemble connection is my post-cancer-treatment breast reconstruction. 😉

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

kat, it’s good to see you around these parts again! Hope everything’s well with you & olavf & the girls.

orionid
    Participant

I have a pic that is utterly and completely NSFW that I might have to link for this contest. Before y’all panic, it’s a mostly nude selfy… and for those that don’t know me, the disassemble connection is my post-cancer-treatment breast reconstruction. 😉

And in that light, we would commend you for also having the biggest balls in Farktography.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

What They both ^^ said!!

Contest linky: http://www.fark.com/comments/7961990

Can’t wait to see, Kat!!

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

Wow, it’s pretty deserted in the thread. I finished shooting mine last night and hopefully I have time to post tonight.

While my shots aren’t that good, I’m more pround of some techniques I was able to use to get the shots, techniques I learned from this group. So thank you all for posting passing on valuable information to us newbies.

Oh, and Kat, it’s nice to see you back!

orionid
    Participant

If I have time tonight, I was planning on archive diving.

Yugoboy
    Participant

I’ve only got one idea for this one, and I dunno if I’ll get time to get to it.

Been really honkin’ busy lately.

fluffybunny
    Participant

I’ve only got one idea for this one, and I dunno if I’ll get time to get to it.

Been really honkin’ busy lately.

Feelin’ your pain man, and this is my theme. Killing me. Haven’t been able to cycle the shutter at all for anything.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Feelin’ your pain man, and this is my theme. Killing me. Haven’t been able to cycle the shutter at all for anything.

I’ve been shooting like a crazy person, just not for personal reasons. I’ve been doing outdoor portraiture on the weekends and school pictures during the week. Both will be ending before November’s over, so I’ll be back to bored again soon enough, and able to do more of my own stuff again.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I’ve got one. It was hastily taken, but it’s all I can do right now.

orionid
    Participant

Yeah, I got nuthin.

Lenny_da_Hog
    Participant

I was gonna got nuthin, but I felt bad there were only 14 entries, so I found a couple things lying around the house. (I do most of my pics outdoors, have no space/lighting/knowledge for studio-style shooting.)

orionid
    Participant

I was gonna got nuthin, but I felt bad there were only 14 entries, so I found a couple things lying around the house. (I do most of my pics outdoors, have no space/lighting/knowledge for studio-style shooting.)

Not a bad start for studio-style. Everything was evenly lit with good detail. If you have the ability, try lighting from the sides. If you have two lights (I’ve used table lamps, flashlights, workshop droplights, construction halogens…. anything works as long as you properlyu whitebalance), place one on either side. Catching highlights on the edges and a shadows in the middle really brings out shape details, often appears more natural (unless you only ever walk around with the sun high overhead and directly behind you), and helps pop the subject off the background. If you’ve only got one light, you can still get the effect by placing anything reflective on the opposite side of your light. A white sheet works fine for flashes, otherwise wrinkled tinfoil, hard shiny plastic, or even a mirror work great on softer sources like lamps.

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

I like the french horn and the blt shots.

Frankly, my “studio” is the top of the washing machine.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘10-9-13 – No Disassemble!’ is closed to new replies.