11-14-07 – On the Wagon

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-14-07 – On the Wagon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

We’ve photographed booze. Now photograph your favorite non-alcoholic beverages.

XenPix
    Participant

YAY! My first theme!

😀

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats 😉

millera9
    Participant

Ok, so who’s breaking out the Mentos and Diet for this week? (I’m not, I don’t want to get that sticky…)

zeke
    Participant

Ok, so who’s breaking out the Mentos and Diet for this week? (I’m not, I don’t want to get that sticky…)

*whistles innocently* They were for the Curves contest, honest!

staplermofo
    Participant

I broke out the Grass Jelly Drink, and man, when wikipedia tells you something is made from grass boiled in water and pearlash, with a “slight” iodine flavor, you DON’T DRINK IT!

On the other hand, the aloe is delicious.

It’s full of a feathery pulp, which I’m having a hard time bringing out in the photos.
    Anyone have any advice?

schnee
    Participant

can you light it from behind? with a reflector card to fill in the front? Given the image you posted, maybe putting a light up high in the back (out of frame) would help. make sure the light doesn’t touch your lens – a deep hood or a gobo would help. I think that making the feathery pulp subtractive to the image (instead of reflective) may reveal them better.

If you could light from below (and to the back), the light would not catch the rim of the glass and the bottle lid so much.

You could also try a side light.

schnee
    Participant

*whistles innocently* They were for the Curves contest, honest!

As I was ticking off ideas, I thought “ooohhhh, The Fresh Maker!” But then I figured Zeke would already be there.

I think I chose wisely.

/oh, and it is really hard to get water drop to stick to near-vertical surfaces. glycerin or something would have been better.

zeke
    Participant

/oh, and it is really hard to get water drop to stick to near-vertical surfaces. glycerin or something would have been better.

That’s when you cheat, lay everything on its side, and turn the camera 90 degrees. It’s either that or turn gravity, and one’s a little easier to pull off 😉

Morningbreath
    Participant

Does the order of the contests keep changing?, or do I just not know how to read? I could have sworn this weeks contest was curves. I thought last weeks contest was curves too. Maybe I just have curves on my mind.

millera9
    Participant

No changes that I’ve seen. I think you’re nuts!

/Not that being nuts distinguishes you from any of the rest of us farktog’s!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well if it’s any consolation, I thought this week was Curves, too, until this weekend when I looked back at the themes list.

swampa
    Participant
    staplermofo
    Participant

Thanks schnee.
    If I hadn’t rushed it might have worked better, but it worked better than I what I had before regardless.

staplermofo
    Participant

For the record, I did consider shooting the staple in a teabag, but thought it wasn’t on theme enough since you don’t really taste the staple.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘11-14-07 – On the Wagon’ is closed to new replies.