11-15-06 – Flower Power (Farktography Classic )

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-15-06 – Flower Power (Farktography Classic )

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Thanks guys…feeling better for the moment, so I’ll be around checking in on the thread as long as this holds. There is some gorgeous stuff in there already…I see this one warming up to be another one where I vote for 90% of the pictures lol

monkeybort
    Participant

green at 2:12 AM EST

millera9
    Participant

Yeah, this is going to be a damn good contest…

Glad you’re feeling better Elsinore!

CaptainJim
    Participant

Is Fark not updating for anyone else?

monkeybort
    Participant

the contest seems to be refreshing ok, i haven’t looked at the main page at all though.

CaptainJim
    Participant

There are so many great photos all ready. I’m sure the top 12 would make a nice calender.

bobroberts
    Participant

There are so many great photos all ready. I’m sure the top 12 would make a nice calender.

The photo you posted at 8:03:16 would make a nice cover for that calendar. Outstanding shot — it has a really neat Van Gogh feel to it.

CaptainJim
    Participant

The photo you posted at 8:03:16 would make a nice cover for that calendar. Outstanding shot — it has a really neat Van Gogh feel to it.

That is the only pic I took for this contest all the others are old. I found a fall bouquet at the grocery store for 2.99 and knew it would make a good subject.

Diggin
    Participant

This is a pretty big contest because it’s taking a long time to load all the pictures…. There all so good it’s hard to vote!

linguine
    Participant

Just vote for half the pictures like I did. Seeing everyones pictures this week made me wish I wasnt having so much fun with band literal that I never got around to going out to find some flowers to photograph for this week.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Looks like we have another duplicate entry that wasn’t caught by the FSM because it’s a different file name (on top of the original being 640×480 versus 642×482 submitted last night, so Zeke’s suggested checksum would have also missed it). Both can be seen in jethro1138’s FSM portfolio at http://www.schneeworld.com/fsm/portfolio/html/jethro1138 . I mentioned something in the thread, but I kinda doubt it will be seen. We’ll see, though…

anneb
    Participant

Just vote for half the pictures like I did. Seeing everyones pictures this week made me wish I wasnt having so much fun with band literal that I never got around to going out to find some flowers to photograph for this week.

‘Course, around me, most outdoor flowers are now rather dead. I didn’t even THINK of going to Giant and stare at the florist section.

It was nice to see what people did!

I have yet to take pictures of flowers that don’t evoke much more than the reaction, “Yup, that’s a flower.” /-: Trying to stuff the better examples in the back of my brain for spring.

millera9
    Participant

Congrats bobroberts! Also; told ya so!!

I’m waaay happy to have come in 3rd this week. So many great entries. In fact, I’m so happy I think I’ll dance!

*tries to do the bort dance*

bort diddy bort booOOOGODMYBACK!!!1!!!11!….

*wanders off mumbling something about dancing*

😉

bobroberts
    Participant

Thanks, millera9, and congrats on your 3rd place entry! (My personal favorite of your three was the first one you posted at 08:04:47.)

SaintDiluted
    Participant

Congrats bobroberts and millera9! Awesome job, what a contest this one was!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • The topic ‘11-15-06 – Flower Power (Farktography Classic )’ is closed to new replies.