11-20-13 – High Dynamic Range Photography 4

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-20-13 – High Dynamic Range Photography 4

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Create an HDR image of any subject. For an explanation of hdr technique, tips and tricks, visit the farktography.net Technical forum.

Linguine did not need stacks of differently worded themes to get this one right.

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    linguine
    Participant
    linguine
    Participant

Elsinore, DrPainMD’s first entry seems to be selective color.

Barracuda
    Participant
    Lenny_da_Hog
    Participant

*sigh* — We’ve had nothing but rain since this one was announced. I have one in-camera HDR I took just to test it on the new camera. I’ll post to it to up the numbers 🙂

Same with the 2-wheelers last week (Grats Pope, loved the shot) — About the only two-wheelers I saw in all the rain was trash bins, and I didn’t think that would add much.

Yugoboy
    Participant

*sigh* — We’ve had nothing but rain since this one was announced. I have one in-camera HDR I took just to test it on the new camera. I’ll post to it to up the numbers 🙂

Same with the 2-wheelers last week (Grats Pope, loved the shot) — About the only two-wheelers I saw in all the rain was trash bins, and I didn’t think that would add much.

One thing you can do is look at the Hoppered Themes (look in the Themes forum) so you can be shooting for any of those when you are out and about. If I see something that relates to a hoppered contest, I’ll shoot it, even if it hasn’t been scheduled yet. That way I’m not in the position you’re in.

Lenny_da_Hog
    Participant

One thing you can do is look at the Hoppered Themes (look in the Themes forum) so you can be shooting for any of those when you are out and about. If I see something that relates to a hoppered contest, I’ll shoot it, even if it hasn’t been scheduled yet. That way I’m not in the position you’re in.

Ah! That’s helpful (I saw the topic area, but figured I’d let people who’ve done this longer than I have figure that kind of thing out…). I see how that works, now.

It’s especially helpful since the Tools theme isn’t really dependent on weather conditions, and our forecast actually has the rain ending for the next week…. And I have my first non-cheap-disposable lens arriving in a couple of days.

orionid
    Participant

I love that coupe. ‘Cuda! Also, nice to see some good stuff from names I don’t recognize. Fresh meat!

Barracuda
    Participant

Thanks orionid, also have a non-HDR version here: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-zOQZQJO3TTQ/Uei0uHa4NOI/AAAAAAAATcQ/Gq6aB4w6Xis/s800/IMG_0582-Edit-Edit.jpg that I did before. Not sure which version I prefer, they’re both cool in their own way.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Elsinore, DrPainMD’s first entry seems to be selective color.

Thanks for catching that!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

For some reason, I never think about shooting multiple exposures for HDR until I’m looking through the results later so (combined with time constraints) I didn’t have much to work with this week. I did manage to scrape up some entries from back when I got my first DSLR and was still playing with the features. I don’t think they’re top ten entries, but they’re entries at least.

Yugoboy
    Participant

A) U-Man‘s back! (We’re all screwed now…)

B) I had no idea so many people were going to be so subtle with their HDR… I like mine thick and obvious.

bender16v
    Participant

CISS, same here. I very seldom bracket exposure unless I’m really afraid of screwing things up so I didn’t have many to choose from. Plus the whole HDR experience made me feel kind of dirty.

Yugoboy
    Participant

CISS, same here. I very seldom bracket exposure unless I’m really afraid of screwing things up so I didn’t have many to choose from. Plus the whole HDR experience made me feel kind of dirty.

I can’t imagine why. HDR’s just another tool in the toolbox.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘11-20-13 – High Dynamic Range Photography 4’ is closed to new replies.