11-22-06 Band Literal

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-22-06 Band Literal

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    veruca
    Participant

Take the name of a band and capture the literal meaning of the band name in a photograph.
    i.e. – White Stripes, Rolling Stones, Blue Oyster Cult.

Thanks to redphive for this week’s theme.

linguine
    Participant

Thanks for doing this theme, Ive had a couple of cheesy shots just sitting in my head waiting for this theme.

monkeybort
    Participant

dammit, but you had to post the white stripes in the description. poo.

staplermofo
    Participant

dammit, but you had to post the white stripes in the description. poo.

Pssst, Stapler and Attorney. It’s reggae.

linguine
    Participant

I was wondering if this contest being scheduled for the day before thanksgiving would cut down on participation if a lot of people are going to be heading out of town. If this date was going to be a problem for people to participate my two ideas were moving the contest up a day(if this makes it easier for people to participate) or just changing it to a best of contest and moving this contest back to a later date.(If you do a count of who can participate in the contest as its scheduled now you can count me as probably available)

monkeybort
    Participant

good idea, linguine, but not everyone looks at this message board – i think the people we pick up by changing it to tues. would be cancelled out by the people that would miss it b/c they didn’t see that it had been changed. and i don’t know how the fark mods would like that – we’d have to check with drew ‘n’ crew before doing anything like that.

my vote is to leave it for wednesday; holidays are just the nature of the beast this time of year.

CaptainJim
    Participant

If I pay tribute to The Butthole Surfers how long do you think my timeout will be?

veruca
    Participant

If I pay tribute to The Butthole Surfers how long do you think my timeout will be?

About as long as mine if I decided to do the Barenaked Ladies. 😛

CaptainJim
    Participant

I was going to say I’ll shoot mine if you shoot yours then I realized that you would be on the loosing end. I do have a little 2″ tall surfer figurine though.

millera9
    Participant

I was going to say I’ll shoot mine if you shoot yours then I realized that you would be on the loosing end. I do have a little 2″ tall surfer figurine though.

Wow, that image is going to haunt me ’til the day I die… *barf*

veruca
    Participant

I’m thinking the curve of barbie’s butt, a donut hole, and your little surfer dude FTW 😉 because i’m not rushing you to the hospital if you’re going where i *think* you’re going

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Zeke told me he called dibs on Uncle Fucker (think thrash blue grass).

Don’t even want to think how he’d pull that one off…..

/yes, he was kidding.
    //I think…

Diggin
    Participant

I was working on “Pet Shop Boys” but I can’t figure out how to get the shot without making the “male” staff stand underneath the store sign.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

You can’t just photograph boys amid the pets and pet store accoutrements?

Claff
    Participant

Ummm

so

what exactly is a “Dokken”?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • The topic ‘11-22-06 Band Literal’ is closed to new replies.