11-29-06 – No Place Like Home

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-29-06 – No Place Like Home

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    veruca
    Participant

Photos of any house, or a group of houses, or apartments, or condos, or whatever; it doesn’t have to be your own home.

Thanks to mikemikeb for this week’s theme.

staplermofo
    Participant

Is this inside and/or outside?

monkeybort
    Participant

i think it could be, stapler. the phrase ‘no place like home’ calls up a lot of interior type thoughts for me.

Curious
    Participant

oh goody, nerd desk shots 🙂

monkeybort
    Participant

😛

now i’m torn on this one. i shot a bunch of inside stuff that sums up the ‘no place like home’ phrase for me, but doesn’t really fit the description other than being shot in a house. shit.

Curious
    Participant

so the problem is?

monkeybort you can always follow my tried and true posting method. shot what you think falls within the general parameters of the theme and F anybody who doesn’t like it. may not get you a lot of votes if others think it’s outside the theme or don’t understand them but hey, got to be true to your artistic eye.

of course i did get chastised today at work for my in your face attitude so take my advice with a large grain of salt.

anneb
    Participant

Here’s my opinion, for what it’s worth:

This is Art, not technical Work. I personally worry too much about “following the rules,” coming from years in computer systems administration, about “getting it RIGHT.” I have to keep reminding myself that the rules in this kind of context are far more subjective. Everything looking identical is a good feature for a production computer environment, not so much for a group of photos.

mikemikeb
    Participant

When I envisioned the theme, I never imagined indoor photos into the equation, but now that I think about it, those kind of shots are just fine in my book.

monkeybort
    Participant

monkeybort you can always follow my tried and true posting method. shot what you think falls within the general parameters of the theme and F anybody who doesn’t like it. may not get you a lot of votes if others think it’s outside the theme or don’t understand them but hey, got to be true to your artistic eye.

i can dig it….plus i found some great apartment/house/flat shots from prague that i think will work great as well.

Morningbreath
    Participant

I went beyond people houses for this theme: bird houses and beaver dams. I don’t know if I will use them though. I photograph houses every day for my job, I have probably 15,000 house photos in my files, so I really should use some of those. Then again because of computer crashes they are on disc only, so I may not use them at all. We’ll see.

I think whatever I do will have a theme to it this week on top of just having to do with houses.

Curious
    Participant

ok, taking my own advice i’ve selected three photos to enter. the first is an actual house. the second and third are kinds of houses. i’m guessing all will do poorly in the voting and two and three may raise some eyebrows.

but 1) i like them and 2) they are are loosely tied to the theme. besides the other decent “house” picture i wanted to use would be a repeat. different theme same photo.

anneb
    Participant

I thought about the beaver dam that’s pretty close to me, but I don’t have any shots of it I really like. (Since the park is so close, I so rarely go there to actually shoot pictures, more to hang with people who want to go see!) And it’s been so crazy at home of late. I think this week calls for bringing out some of my older stuff.

So if I can get my scanner working, one will be of our home-away-from-home when we go camping.

Claff
    Participant

I shot some stuff this afternoon, trying to capture the redonkulous housing market in the DC suburbs. Went to a couple of developments of McMansions… one still under construction and one that’s complete and less than a year old. The complete one sucked up what was farmland and the development is named, ironically, “The Preserve”. Not sure if the pics from that one will be OK to post, it was getting late in the afternoon and I was shooting from the drivers seat of the car trying not to get arrested.

millera9
    Participant

I shot some stuff this afternoon, trying to capture the redonkulous housing market in the DC suburbs. Went to a couple of developments of McMansions… one still under construction and one that’s complete and less than a year old. The complete one sucked up what was farmland and the development is named, ironically, “The Preserve”. Not sure if the pics from that one will be OK to post, it was getting late in the afternoon and I was shooting from the drivers seat of the car trying not to get arrested.

Heh, I shot some McMansions today in a development called “The Preserve” here in San Diego. I just walked around like I owned the place and didn’t get any trouble although I got some funny looks. I’ll probably post them but they’re not great. Meh.

Morningbreath
    Participant

I went the other way, I shot what will become McMansions. Not sure if I will submit them, though. I still have 35 minutes to flip coins.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘11-29-06 – No Place Like Home’ is closed to new replies.