11-29-06 – No Place Like Home

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-29-06 – No Place Like Home

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Curious
    Participant

i have my three uploaded. no going back now.

and the link thingy and boobies template is made. bring on 7:00 o’clock.

that’s CST

monkeybort
    Participant

i love the way you link me baby!

thanks again for posting, curious – as you can see, i was a bit late getting home tonight!! 😛

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Not sure if the pics from that one will be OK to post, it was getting late in the afternoon and I was shooting from the drivers seat of the car trying not to get arrested.

I did that today as well, though not McMansions specifically, just driving around shooting from teh driver’s seat. Wasn’t happy with what I came up with, though, at least not for tonight’s contest. But it’s always possible they’ll be useful in some future contest.

bobroberts
    Participant

This article will post to the Main page on Thu, 30 Nov 2006 at 4:40 AM

millera9
    Participant

This article will post to the Main page on Thu, 30 Nov 2006 at 4:40 AM

Yeesh, brutal. 😕

bobroberts
    Participant

Oh well — it only helps to justify my TotalFark membership even more.

Curious
    Participant

a quick look at a world time converter says germany 11 in the morning and australia 9 at night. that’s using 5 AM EST

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I guess that’s not so bad for our European and Aussie participants, then. Sucks for the North Americans, though…

Claff
    Participant

Not sure if the pics from that one will be OK to post, it was getting late in the afternoon and I was shooting from the drivers seat of the car trying not to get arrested.

I did that today as well, though not McMansions specifically, just driving around shooting from teh driver’s seat. Wasn’t happy with what I came up with, though, at least not for tonight’s contest. But it’s always possible they’ll be useful in some future contest.

The first time I stopped and shot a picture the flash went off (like I said, it was getting to be somewhere between late afternoon and early evening). Went to switch the settings and noticed some woman walking her dog pretty much at my passenger door looking into the car wondering what the heck I was up to.

These developments are so thickly built with such narrow roads it’s very hard to find a place to stop and do stuff without being right in front of someone’s house or in harm’s way. And people are paying amazing amounts of money for that.

/rant

Morningbreath
    Participant

I take pictures of houses every day. the only time I am ever bothered by a resident is if the resident happens to be a cop, or if I am in a bad neighborhood, and teenagers happen to be about. Nobody else really cares what you do, as long as you don’t step on their lawn. I do shoot the crummy neighborhoods before 12:00, to avoid the teenagers and other young idiots. For cops I just shut up and let them rant.

Curious
    Participant

mind telling us why you shot houses Morningbreath?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

So what, specifically, do the cops rant at you for, Morningbreath? I mean, as long as you’re on public property, there isn’t much they can do, other than harass you (which is what it sounds like they’re doing). I hate people/cops like that….

And Claff, I hear ya on the McMansions. There are some behind our house that are technically part of the same neighborhood as ours. The only redeeming quality to them is that they’re on lots that are nearly an acre, so they’re not completely on top of one another. I lived in California for 4 years, though. Talk about postage stamp lots…

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘11-29-06 – No Place Like Home’ is closed to new replies.