11-29-17 – Dream a little dream

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 11-29-17 – Dream a little dream

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    SilverStag
    Participant

Use one of your photographs and the Deep Dream Generator to create something dreamy or artistic. https://deepdreamgenerator.com/. This departs from the rules we normally follow, so go wild! If you use a texture of your own, it must also be your own photo.

(Edited by Elsinore to add: Please provide a link to your original photo for comparison.)

QueenMab
    Participant

This looks fun…

+1

Anonymous
    Inactive

Use one of your photographs and the Deep Dream Generator to create something dreamy or artistic. https://deepdreamgenerator.com/. This departs from the rules we normally follow, so go wild! If you use a texture of your own, it must also be your own photo.

Well, that link just sucked away half my day…..:lol: but maybe with some images that are halfway decent. I’m amazed at some of the work posted there.

QueenMab
    Participant

Finally had a chance to play with this. I’d love to see what people do with their photos! I’d also like to see the original they based it on, if that is doable.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

+1
    We could ask people to link to their original photo. It would definitely be cool to see both.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Since the instructions are go wild, am I OK to assume that starting with an already altered/processed image (of my own) is within bounds?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I don’t see why not

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

FYI, if you use the “Go Deeper” option on the resulting image you can apply as many of your photos to the processed image in series. The initial step seems to set the tone for the transformation, but the subsequent layers really sharpen/focus whatever things the software started to bring out.

orionid
    Participant

interesting.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

FYI, if you use the “Go Deeper” option…..

That’s what she said.

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t see why not

I may have stretched the rules by using as base images ones that had been submitted to previous contests. If that is stretching the rules too much please delete them and I’ll put them aside for later.

orionid
    Participant

I don’t see why not

I may have stretched the rules by using as base images ones that had been submitted to previous contests. If that is stretching the rules too much please delete them and I’ll put them aside for later.

I almost did the same, but went back and edited a near identical frame just to be safe. IMHO, since the image is being altered so drastically, I think it could be okay.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

My initial thought was that we’re allowing extra processing, but never said anything about previously used images, which are otherwise not allowed to be used.

However…..I’m open to allowing it since we’re allowing such drastic extra processing.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My initial thought was that we’re allowing extra processing, but never said anything about previously used images, which are otherwise not allowed to be used.

However…..I’m open to allowing it since we’re allowing such drastic extra processing.

If you feel that any of mine are not drastically changed I’m OK with their removal. I was up front about the recycling in my descriptions. And if they stay then everyone else can give their opinion on my choice by voting or not voting for the images.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘11-29-17 – Dream a little dream’ is closed to new replies.