12-10-08 – The Eyes Have It:

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-10-08 – The Eyes Have It:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    nobigdeal
    Participant

Could someone post http://www.staplermofo.com/farktography/eyes1.jpg
    and http://www.staplermofo.com/farktography/eyes2.jpg for me?

I’ll get em for ya.

You banninated?

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    staplermofo
    Participant

Thanks .
    Don’t worry, I’m not banninated. (not that I talk about banninations)

*hides from Elsinore, Drew, hpz, et al, puts on fake mustache*

My computer broke and my ps3 crashes when I try to post on Fark.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I had plans to take photos for this one, but time worked against me and it was a rummage through the archives instead. Oh well, those piles of California buckeyes (they look like shiny brown, very hard, plums) can go back outside…

Anyway, here’s a couple that I like but didn’t select. More fodder for the upcoming B-Sides contest!

One Damned Determined Cowgirl

Watching You Watching Me

Laughing on the Inside

A Lot of Fight in a Little Flight Jacket

Shrieking to the Choir

Alpha Geese in the Pen

soosh
    Participant

damn, I forgot all about my totem photos.

corsec67
    Participant

Huh, lots of needles, but I have the only “eye bolts” so far.

lokisbong
    Participant

I like the cat eye even better though. That is an awesome shot. It took dozens of tries to get Pain to sit still long enough to get his close up. But I think that one came out pretty good. I didn’t even think about eye bolts. Or sewing needles either. There are a lot of really cool real eyes also.

corsec67
    Participant

I like the cat eye even better though. That is an awesome shot. It took dozens of tries to get Pain to sit still long enough to get his close up. But I think that one came out pretty good. I didn’t even think about eye bolts. Or sewing needles either. There are a lot of really cool real eyes also.

Thanks. I think what really helped the cat eye shot was my off-camera lighting and getting close. You can see the top of the Vivitar 285HV in his eye, which was about a foot to his left.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

damn, I forgot all about my totem photos.

…image deleted…

I really like that one!

lokisbong
    Participant

Thanks. I think what really helped the cat eye shot was my off-camera lighting and getting close. You can see the top of the Vivitar 285HV in his eye, which was about a foot to his left.

That’s about how far from Pain I was. I didn’t notice my camera though until I zoomed way in on his eye. You can see the lens thing on my Cannon Powershot a560.

soosh
    Participant
    corsec67 wrote:

Vivitar 285HV .

Hey, how do you like that flash? I just ordered one today. does it do strobe, like where you could get multiple images on an open lens in a dark room with a person moving?

corsec67
    Participant
    soosh wrote:

Vivitar 285HV .

Hey, how do you like that flash? I just ordered one today. does it do strobe, like where you could get multiple images on an open lens in a dark room with a person moving?

The Vivitar 285HV is the premier manual flash, so you should like it for that.

You can trigger it manually at 1/16th power as fast as you want, but it doesn’t do anything automatically there.

I use Cactus V2 triggers to sync it to the camera. Using the test I can also trigger the flash multiple times during a long exposure.

If you want a flash that will automatically flash several times during a short exposure, that is more expensive. Elsinore has used her flash that does that several times.

lokisbong
    Participant

I thought corsec67 was talking about his camera. I need to learn more about equipment I guess. That strobe thing sounds cool.

corsec67
    Participant

I thought corsec67 was talking about his camera. I need to learn more about equipment I guess. That strobe thing sounds cool.

Picture and more info about all of my off camera lighting stuff is here. (budget 2 strobe off camera lighting system)

Yeah, you think the camera is complicated, just wait until you add in 2 or 6 other lights, all of which with different settings, bounce modes, issues, and positions.

orionid
    Participant

Finally had some worthwhile ideas about 4 hours after the contest went public. Yaya! And I think somewhere on the order of 400 B-sides….

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • The topic ‘12-10-08 – The Eyes Have It:’ is closed to new replies.