12-21-11 – Farktography Classic: Seasons Greetings 5

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 12-21-11 – Farktography Classic: Seasons Greetings 5

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

It was blaming the Jews for the broken ornaments in I’m No Big Deal’s entry.

linguine
    Participant

Now that would have been stupid even in the politics tab.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Is it wrong that I snickered at that?

/didn’t see that post.

CSB…My semi-packrat of a wife actually was a little miffed that I broke the ornaments for that photo. Even though they were rejects that have been sitting in a box for years, I guess they were sentimental or something.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Had to skip this one because of work again. At this point, I’m just hoping to get some time before Sleeve-Faced ’cause that one really looks fun, although I should be able to do the B’s next week since they’re already prepped for contests.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

ravnostic
    Participant

Did someone break the vote button on this contest or something? I mean…I know it’s the holidays and all but…seriously!! Where have all the voter’s gone? We’re trailing by 50% averaged!

orionid
    Participant

Did someone break the vote button on this contest or something? I mean…I know it’s the holidays and all but…seriously!! Where have all the voter’s gone? We’re trailing by 50% averaged!

Happens every year. Next week will be worse. Just be glad it’s not a complex/special equipment theme like Pinhole. Nine votes in that travesty would have netted you a top ten.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Had to skip this one because of work again. At this point, I’m just hoping to get some time before Sleeve-Faced ’cause that one really looks fun, although I should be able to do the B’s next week since they’re already prepped for contests.

Oh shi… Sleeve-faced is hoppered? Is there any way to bump that one off until at least springtime (May-ish)? A January date is not conducive to shooting outside, for me and a bunch of others. That would really limit the selection of covers to choose from, and if I am worried–a person with access to 5000+ albums between me and my friends–then I imagine others would be discouraged too. As we have seen this week, less participation = less votes, so pretty please can this one be deferred?

ravnostic
    Participant

I’m in Arizona, so I can’t sympathize with you, x^0, but I can certainly empathize; I wouldn’t mind delaying it till sometime when the weather was more amenable to outdoor in-camera photo montages involving obscure art that might already be difficult in and of itself to envision/pull off.

Just.
    Know.
    It’s.
    Coming.

//my 2 cents…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Oh shi… Sleeve-faced is hoppered? Is there any way to bump that one off until at least springtime (May-ish)? A January date is not conducive to shooting outside, for me and a bunch of others. That would really limit the selection of covers to choose from, and if I am worried–a person with access to 5000+ albums between me and my friends–then I imagine others would be discouraged too. As we have seen this week, less participation = less votes, so pretty please can this one be deferred?

I would have absolutely no problem moving that one, especially since you’re the theme suggester.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’ve scheduled Straight Out of Camera in its place.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Whew, thanks Els!

I’ve done some scouting of record collections and local stores, trying to find some inspiration … got a couple fuzzy ideas … ravnostic, looking forward to see what you and the rest of the group come up with. The one thing I know is that there will be at least one “famous” album that’ll make me say, “Brilliant, why didn’t I think of that!”; and at least one obscure “WTF is that?” album cover.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Ok maybe thats two things.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol Zero Exponent 😆

Just FYI folks, I will probably have to offer the thread congrats early–we’ll be heading to our annual family shindig and won’t be home until late. I will offer the official congrats (almost certainly to U-Man at this point) tomorrow, but it may also be delayed depending on Christmas Day stuff at Chez Elsinore. Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it, and enjoy the weekend to those who don’t!

Kestrana
    Participant

Merry Christmas everybody. Happy New Year!

ennuipoet
    Participant

Merry Christmas everybody. Happy New Year!

Ditto, to all of you and yours!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • The topic ‘12-21-11 – Farktography Classic: Seasons Greetings 5’ is closed to new replies.