3-13-13 – It’s Bad For Ya

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 3-13-13 – It’s Bad For Ya

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Nah, that’s totally legit.

orionid
    Participant

w00t.

staplermofo
    Participant

Nah, that’s totally legit.

w00t.

This is still about the plastic penis being a healthy 6 inches, right?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It’s like zombo.com…you can interpret anything you want, at zombo.com

ennuipoet
    Participant

B Side Fox News Facepalm

None of these reactions are entirely feigned as I was actually getting angry with the “news” I was hearing while shooting.

Barracuda
    Participant

B Side Fox News Facepalm

None of these reactions are entirely feigned as I was actually getting angry with the “news” I was hearing while shooting.

You didn’t have it on mute?!

ennuipoet
    Participant

B Side Fox News Facepalm

You didn’t have it on mute?!

I am not a very good actor, I needed to suffer for authenticity. 😀

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Just FYI folks: I’m heading to Girl Scout camp tomorrow after the kids get out of school, and we won’t be back till late Sunday morning. The camp we’re going to has pretty hit or miss cell coverage, and I’d be limited to posting from my phone either way, which is a real PITA when trying to bold names and whatnot. So I can’t promise I’ll be able to post the thread congrats Saturday evening/night. If I have a connection, I’ll do my best, though!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Have fun and stay safe & warm! I don’t know if you’re having the weather we are, but it was 80 beautiful degrees here today. Perhaps that’s heading your way in a day or two.

lokisbong
    Participant

Well I didn’t really have anything good for this week anyway and then my monitor decided die monday night and I just got the new monitor (almost $200) late yesterday. I shall try to have something good for next week instead.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

So I can’t promise I’ll be able to post the thread congrats Saturday evening/night.

Els, I hope I wasn’t too presumptuous, but I happened to be working late tonight and saw that you were obviously off the grid, so I stepped in with the closing post. Really just wanted to acknowledge the newbs & kotters & link to next week’s theme, but in retrospect, I probably should’ve made sure you were cool with it first.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Thank you so much for getting that–absolutely cool with it and really appreciate it! We’re back now, and thankfully Friday and Saturday were nice. This morning, not so much, but we left before the sleet started, thankfully!

And while the thread isn’t closed just yet (starting to wonder if something’s up with that–two weeks in a row) I think it’s safe at this point to say congrats on your win this week, CauseISaidSo!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Sleet?! Yikes! We dropped back down to the 40’s today, but no sleet thankfully.

And thanks again Els and everyone who voted. Congrats also to ennuipoet on his combined win.

This was the win that almost wasn’t an entry. While setting up that shot, I took two test shots and then decided that it’d be better if there were another couple of pieces of bacon that rose higher next to the yolk (I wanted it to be the Cholesterol Mountains, not Hills). Bacon is surprisingly not a very cooperative subject to pose and while trying to add a couple more pieces, I brushed the yolk sac which then split and ran down over everything. This was the second yolk at this point and I was playing with my breakfast (and hungry!), so I said, “Screw it – I’ll do all archives this week.” But when I reviewed this test shot, I said “Meh, close enough” and ran with it. And lest anyone labor under the humorously false assumption that I’m really that creative, you all should know that that entry (like a lot of my “posed” entries) was inspired by – well, maybe more like heavily borrowed from – ok, ok! blatantly stolen from something I saw elsewhere on the intertubes.

Woot! My first back-to-back. Y’all must know I had to check the stats on that. Turns out there have been 19 double back-to-backs and (surprise, surprise ;)) U-Man owns 8 of them. With one each, the others are by bobroberts, chakalakasp, Encyclopedia Galactica, kashari, kestrana, redwoodcruzr, schnee, SilverStag, soosh, and veruca. There have been 4 triples, one recently by Elsinore and the other 3 by U-Man. And there’s even been one quad by U-Man starting at contest #232, the first Software Hootenanny.

The more impressive stat is the double win, which has only been pulled off twice – once by U-Man in The Song Remains The Same and more recently by linguine in A Stitch In Time 2. Sorry, ‘guine, I should’ve pointed out your feat back then, but I think I was pretty wrapped up in a project during that time and didn’t notice until now.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘3-13-13 – It’s Bad For Ya’ is closed to new replies.