32gb cf cards

Forums Forums Get Technical Farktography tech talk 32gb cf cards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    staplermofo
    Participant

Has anyone used one of those ridiculous 16gb or 32gb cf cards?
    I feel stupid for even asking, but after a bunch of hassles with SD cards I’m compelled to ask if cameras run into problems storing 10,000 photos or whatever on one card, recognizing the full size, having crazy errors, etc.

I’m heading off on a road trip in July (ZOMG SUNLIGHT) and was thinking about picking up one or two of them. I don’t want to spend 4 hours on a laptop in Starbuck uploading every day, or risk losing photos, blah blah blah.

staplermofo
    Participant

Oh yeah, is there anywhere I should stop by between LA and Chicago in the middle of summer when it’s ridiculously hot everywhere?

soosh
    Participant

Oh yeah, is there anywhere I should stop by between LA and Chicago in the middle of summer when it’s ridiculously hot everywhere?

Corn Palace

or, if you’re passing through Oklahoma, Big Blue Whale and World’s Largest Ce-ment Totem Pole

olavf
    Participant

I’ve only had sixes and eights, personally. Every time I travel though, I tend to upload my pics to the laptop every day, or every other day, so space has never been an issue.
    /though next major trip I hope to have the home VPN running so they can get dumped straight to the server

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

The last time I took a vacation planning to take lots of photos, I took 2 32G USB RAM disks to offload the photos from my camera. You still have to upload to your laptop to copy them, but you can do it anyplace since no Internet is needed to create the backup. So everyday I backed up the photos twice, a copy of each of the USB drives, and deleted them from the camera.

I forgot to add the copying photos from a laptop to a USB disk is considerably faster than uploading them too. 🙂 Also, USB disks are really inexpensive these days.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘32gb cf cards’ is closed to new replies.