4-24-13 – I Went to___ and All I Got Was This Lousy___

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 4-24-13 – I Went to___ and All I Got Was This Lousy___

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Tangible souvenirs – things brought back from vacations or out of town visits. They do not have to be purchased (sea shells from the beach, for example), but they do have to be things (sun burns and social diseases do not count).

This theme will always remind us of Yugoboy.

clouddancer
    Participant

Does it have to be something from a trip/vacation that you went on, or can it be something that someone brought back for you?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I don’t see why it would be a problem if it were brought back for you. Not like anyone’s checking up on the original ownership.

Yugoboy
    Participant

I don’t see why it would be a problem if it were brought back for you. Not like anyone’s checking up on the original ownership.

Exactly. There’s no requirement to post a receipt. It’s still a souvenir.

orionid
    Participant

What if I temporarily lived in a vacation spot? Would I be excluded from anything Hawai’ian?

ennuipoet
    Participant

Another question, could the crappy tourist junk still be for sale? Cuz for all I have endless tons of junk around my apartment, I don’t have a single thing which would fit in the category.* (The last thing I bought was a tshirt like this (http://alienzoneroswellnm.com/catalog.htm?item=15) from Roswell in 1996. I, however, live in a City just vomiting cheap, tacky tasteless souvenir trash all over the place.

*I am just not the tourist type, if I go places I try every hard to look like I belong there. It comes from a decade of going places where I wasn’t wanted and the local folks might very well kill me.

Yugoboy
    Participant

ennuipoet – I can’t see why not.

orionid – I don’t think so. You’re not in Hawai’i now, so why would anything Hawai’i be verboten? I don’t think ennuipoet would be likely to post Yankees stuff, but if he had visited Detroit, he certainly could do something with Tigers stuff he bought while there.

Not that anybody’s going to be doing an audit… I certainly won’t.

staplermofo
    Participant

Do souvenirs have to be touristy things? Like, I try to find a rock I can legally take back home from places I go.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Do souvenirs have to be touristy things? Like, I try to find a rock I can legally take back home from places I go.

This is ABSOLUTELY within the rules. On the theme page, I even said it didn’t have to be things you bought, just things. My wife does the same thing (rocks), my sister-in-law collects little jars of sand, etc.

As long as it’s not a social disease, I’d say it’s in.

orionid
    Participant

orionid – I don’t think so. You’re not in Hawai’i now, so why would anything Hawai’i be verboten? I don’t think ennuipoet would be likely to post Yankees stuff, but if he had visited Detroit, he certainly could do something with Tigers stuff he bought while there.

Sweet….. but Oddmind is screwed, because IIRC, she still lives there.

fluffybunny
    Participant

My wife does the same thing (rocks), my sister-in-law collects little jars of sand, etc.

Appreciated a good jar of sand,..

Yugoboy
    Participant

Heh… my theme and I don’t have anything for it yet… looks like it’s gonna be a late night tonight!

oddmind
    Participant

Sweet….. but Oddmind is screwed, because IIRC, she still lives there.

Been there a 5 or 6 times, but for no longer than three weeks each. Since I WAS living each time I visited, I guess I lived there. But I’ve always voted in California.

And I don’t have a damned thing for this contest. Yet.

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    linguine
    Participant

Elsinore, we just got redlighted.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘4-24-13 – I Went to___ and All I Got Was This Lousy___’ is closed to new replies.