5-17-06 Fruits and Vegetables

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 5-17-06 Fruits and Vegetables

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    monkeybort
    Participant

Monkeybort your reply to the asshat was right on. Seriously, put up or shut up. 😛

heh, thanks galley. i was going to let the one guy go with a polite response, but i don’t like being called silly when i’m just trying to protect my images from wanton abuse by mad internet…image…uhhh…..seller…people.

🙂

staplermofo
    Participant

Hmmm, staplers. I’m trying to figure out a way to reenact “the incident”. I work with an air (60 psi) powered stapler and once…

I’d totally mail you a band-aid and some neosporen if you staple yourself.
    I’ll even throw in a get well soon card if the pictures turn out well.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hmmm, staplers. I’m trying to figure out a way to reenact “the incident”. I work with an air (60 psi) powered stapler and once…

I’d totally mail you a band-aid and some neosporen if you staple yourself.
    I’ll even throw in a get well soon card if the pictures turn out well.

Man, you are hard core 😆

Claff
    Participant

FWIW (and feel free to call me an asshat too) I don’t vote for pics with copyright thingies on them either. Maybe I’m way off base but I figure the little Fark contests are mostly amateurs and those with the copyright symbols are from people saying “my stuff is SO good and I’m so putting myself on the line just posting these pics for you mere mortals that I have to protect it or someone’s going to make a living printing and selling my 640×480 web images. Look but don’t touch.”

It’s a hint of pretentiousness I choose not to ‘reward’ with a vote. Same reason I don’t vote for black & white pics.

monkeybort
    Participant

your prerogative, of course. i don’t put copyrights on mine to say ‘look at me, look at me, my stuff rul3z’, i put them on there because once they’re online, they potentially are online forever and i don’t want to see it on some random website with no credit or compensation.

just something i picked up in school. copyright law is a bitch, and if you don’t establish ownership of an image before someone uses it without permission, it’s really hard to prove that it is yours.

and i’m not saying that my stuff is so great that anyone who sees it is going to steal and covet, but i don’t think i’m being pretentious by not wanting people to use my images without my permission.

monkeybort
    Participant

and i appreciate you bringing it up here and not in the thread. and not calling me ‘silly’.

Claff
    Participant

i don’t want to see it on some random website with no credit or compensation… if you don’t establish ownership of an image before someone uses it without permission, it’s really hard to prove that it is yours.

Yah but what’s the worst-case scenario here? Someone sells that photo and makes five bucks (sells it a lot and makes five hundred bucks?)?

Not worth clunking up an otherwise fine photograph IMHO.

Not to belabor the point, we can agree to disagree.

monkeybort
    Participant

the principle of the thing more than anything. if anyone is to be making money from it, it should be me.

*handshake*

i accept your proposal of agreeing to disagree.

🙂

schnee
    Participant

The FSM has been updated with this contest’s votes.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘5-17-06 Fruits and Vegetables’ is closed to new replies.