5-18-16 – Let’s Get Personal

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 5-18-16 – Let’s Get Personal

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

Seems one hasn’t been done in a while, but a selfy contest could be fun. I know y’all are more creative than what’s out there…

Edit – cellphone snaps or no? I’m inclined against, but would like to see if there’s a way to include them minus the ‘standard’ uncreative types.

*****Official theme description: Photos taken of you, by you. We know Farktographers are more creative than what’s out there–show us your creative self-portraits!

Edited by Elsinore to add theme description

Elsinore
    Keymaster

+1

justkat
    Participant

+1

QueenMab
    Participant

I take the worst selfies… but +1 anyways

olavf
    Participant

I take the worst selfies… but +1 anyways

I paint “selfy” with a pretty broad brush, personally. If it’s a photo you take of you, I would generally say that qualifies 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think let’s leave it open to whatever is taken of you/by you…keeps it open for more casual folks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

… We know Farktographers are more creative than what’s out there–show us your creative self-portraits!

Does “creative” include post-processing not normally allowed (filters, texture layers, etc)? Or is it just conceptually and capture creative?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Nope, more concept/capture creativity than post-processing.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Posting early because I’m heading out of town. Contest linky:
    http://www.fark.com/comments/9140587

olavf
    Participant

As submit-tard, I think normal processing rules should apply. Back before selfys got photoshopped to hell, there was some amazingly creative stuff. I know we’re up for it.

[edit] think photography, not digital art.

ravnostic
    Participant

Well I haven’t participated in what, a year or more?

I’ll see if I can give this a go. Creativity has been lost for a while, but what the hell(p!)

olavf
    Participant

FWIW a “gatillo” can be a cat, or the trigger of a gun. Sometimes a small gun in slang.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘5-18-16 – Let’s Get Personal’ is closed to new replies.