5-22-13 – Monochromatic Masterpieces

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 5-22-13 – Monochromatic Masterpieces

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

Surprising to find I have a wealth of images in the archives that fit this theme. Or at least I think they do. I could be totally off base. Decision making time!

ravnostic
    Participant

The variations do include all things tonal from white to black, except in color, correct? I mean, dark dark blue is perceived as black and light light blue is perceived as white, but it’s just the tonal ranges? Or are we looking for color-only?

orionid
    Participant

The variations do include all things tonal from white to black, except in color, correct? I mean, dark dark blue is perceived as black and light light blue is perceived as white, but it’s just the tonal ranges? Or are we looking for color-only?

All things tonal are good, just relatively constant hue.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Just caught the contest number for this week (#420). I’m thinking maybe we should’ve gone with a Classic Green or even a Vegetation or Weeds theme. 😉

Anyway, I’m out again this week. The only monochromatic potential entries I could dig up are concert photos under colored lights and those never do well.

Barracuda
    Participant

Finally got my act together and got some photos posted. 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m not sure about sleeping‘s IR and fuzzy tree blossom shots…do they seem too b/w?

QueenMab
    Participant

is the link not going on totalfark anymore?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yes, it’s up there: http://www.fark.com/comments/7752637

QueenMab
    Participant

maybe I’m just not seeing it, but when I go to the totalfark homepage, it’s not there.

Barracuda
    Participant

I’m not sure about sleeping‘s IR and fuzzy tree blossom shots…do they seem too b/w?

IR did make me take pause the first time I saw it, then recognized it as IR.. *shrug*

Elsinore
    Keymaster

maybe I’m just not seeing it, but when I go to the totalfark homepage, it’s not there.

Hm maybe because it was posted a week ago? We’re posting a week ahead of time now to get more visibility for the contests…I hadn’t really thought about it not showing up on the TF page directly that evening. It should show up on the contests listing–do you see it there?

QueenMab
    Participant

Ah yes, now that I know to look back a week, I do see it. Thanks!

So it will be posted to the contest page a week ahead of time from now on?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

In general, yes. A couple weeks ago I fell asleep early and forgot. It’s generally posted sometime Thurs morning after the current week goes live, that way nothing gets jacked with two contests going live at the same time.

orionid
    Participant

I’m kine to allow the IR, and the fuzzy willows are borderline. The background looks a little blue-ish on my monitor. But it doesn’t stand out near as much as some of the blatant multi-colors. Green-yellow seems to be the most frequent offender, followed by green-brown.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, looking back, there are more blatant dual/multi color shots. Should we remove them or let the voters decide?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • The topic ‘5-22-13 – Monochromatic Masterpieces’ is closed to new replies.