5-3-06 focus people, focus!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 5-3-06 focus people, focus!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    monkeybort
    Participant

Thanks to schnee for this week’s theme.

This theme is proposed as the “photoshop-friendly” theme. Based on feedback from the FPAEF, images that lend themselves to being ‘shopped are those images that are in focus. Entries to this theme should have significant depth-of-field relative to the scene – most image elements should be in sharp focus. Beyond that, anything goes.

The first second and third place winners of this contest will be presented to the link-submission thingy for photoshopping. After submission, the normal greenlighting process will apply. This theme is the Farktography Anniversary present to the Fark community.

Posted images will adhere to the Fark image posting rules but the winning images should be available in higher resolutions to assist photoshopping.

veruca
    Participant

The photoshop thread should be submitted either this weekend or Monday at the latest so the ‘shoppers have enough time to play with the images. Please have a high-res version of your photograph handy for “O” purposes. The photoshop thread *should* go front page on Friday, May 12 (our official 1 year anniversary date).

I know I’m forgetting something…

monkeybort
    Participant
    Anonymous
    Participant

I think some people have confused shallow depth of field with significant depth of field. Some beautiful pictures though. You farktographers do some pretty amazing work!

Anonymous
    Participant

So can we get access to hi-res versions of the winning pics when they get posted to the photoshop queue? It’s not often we get to communicate directly with the author of our source pics.

Klahanie
    Participant

So can we get access to hi-res versions of the winning pics when they get posted to the photoshop queue? It’s not often we get to communicate directly with the author of our source pics.

Provided the winning images were submitted by someone that read and followed the rules. 😉

monkeybort
    Participant

I think some people have confused shallow depth of field with significant depth of field. Some beautiful pictures though. You farktographers do some pretty amazing work!

heh, i was noticing the same thing.

and yup, should have access to high-res versions of the winners, as galleywench said.

Anonymous
    Participant

Provided the winning images were submitted by someone that read and followed the rules. 😉

Looks like the odds of that are running about 50/50 from the looks of that thread. 😆

Anonymous
    Participant

Maybe the thread title should be changed to “Photoshoppers, vote for pictures you want to PS!”
    🙂

monkeybort
    Participant

Maybe the thread title should be changed to “Photoshoppers, vote for pictures you want to PS!”
    🙂

not a bad idea, actually. opinions?

of course, i have no idea how to go about getting a headline changed since i don’t know any mods or admins.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Might be the only thing that can be done at this point (if a thread title can even be changed, that is, and maybe even some emphasizing in the thread details that these are pictures specifically for a PS contest.) Regardless, the photoshoppers know best what pictures have the most photoshop potential, so ultimately it would be nice if lots of them would weigh in on the pictures they might get to work with.

veruca
    Participant

I posted in the photoshop forum that they have the powah and to please come and vote. Alternatively we could just open it wide and let them take whatever image they want to photoshop. 😉

Anonymous
    Participant

I posted in the photoshop forum that they have the powah and to please come and vote. Alternatively we could just open it wide and let them take whatever image they want to photoshop. 😉

That’s not a bad idea either 🙂

Klahanie
    Participant

*Heavy sigh*

veruca
    Participant

So after talking to schnee, who envisioned this theme in the first place, we’re going to post the top 3 O’s on a page where the photoshoppers have ready access to them. However, there will also be a blurb inviting them to peruse our contest from last night and contact the photographer if they would like to use another image outside of the top 3.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘5-3-06 focus people, focus!’ is closed to new replies.