5-30-07 – Solitude

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 5-30-07 – Solitude

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    veruca
    Participant

Description:Photographs that conjure up a feeling of solitude.

Uranus
    Participant

as a matter of courtesy > how “done” is it to have another post one’s images on their behalf?

at the moment I’m working nights, so I’m always too damn late to the party (it’s 1.30 am here now, and I won’t be getting up until around 10.45).

If acceptable, any volunteers?

swampa
    Participant

It usually isn’t a problem. I know others have done it before.

What is your fark name and the URLs of the images you want posted and I will put them up for you?

Uranus
    Participant

hip, thanks!

unsurprisingly the fark name is Uranus, and I have only the one this week:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/230/473308474_069ad76cf6.jpg?v=0

never seen anyone so alone in a crowd…

sleeping
    Participant

I guess this means I’m going to get a submitted link…

swampa
    Participant

Cool, I will post it when it goes live 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Thanks so much for posting tonight, sleeping! Zeke and I are on vacation–I posted my single entry for tonight, but I’m out for a bit. The kids want to go swimming and we promised 😉 Catch ya’ll later tonight 🙂

millera9
    Participant

Uranus
    Just to be totally clear, OBO (On Behalf Of) posting is welcomed around here as an occasional solution when someone has an emergency or just can’t be around for that particular contest. It isn’t something that we can do for you every week as a regular thing. The reason for this is that the FSM automatically pulls the information from each contest and logs it. This week, when swampa posts your pics, the votes for them will initially be counted as his. Once the contest is over, schnee (site admin) will have to go in and manually change the information for those votes. It’s not exactly a streamlined process.

So yes, it’s no problem to for swampa to post your pictures tonight, but this isn’t a permanent solution to your scheduling issues if you’re planning on doing this every week. I know that sucks and I’m sorry about that. :/

schnee
    Participant

On the off-chance you didn’t know, the Farktography Statistics Manager (aka FSM) is a little site that is inspired by the Fark Honor Role and the Fark Photoshop Monitor. The FSM tracks Farktography contests, accumulates votes, calculates averages and even gives people their own portfolio.

It needs a little nudging to keep OBO posts correct. Just search the Farktography.net forum (you’re reading it now) for “OBO” and you’ll see how to make sure you get your votes correctly counted.

A belated welcome back, by the way, Uranus.

swampa
    Participant

It needs a little nudging to keep OBO posts correct. Just search the Farktography.net forum (you’re reading it now) for “OBO” and you’ll see how to make sure you get your votes correctly counted.

I was going to be good and PM you with the timestamp of the photo when it is added, but is there a better way to give you the details so you don’t have to spend as much time messing around fixing it up? (not that I wouldn’t be happy with extra votes :P)

Uranus
    Participant

heh….thanks swampa!

am i being overly critical here, or is there a disappointing sameness to this week’s entries? I was hoping for so much more.

Not that there aren’t any brilliant shots – there’s an abundance- but they seem to hit closer to desolation,isolation and alienation than solitude….

schnee
    Participant

Here’s what I need for OBO’ing the FSM:

I’ll need this information:

a) Poster
    b) Entry Timestamp (in 24 hour format)
    c) Actual Farktographer

all in a comma-separated list, and only for entries that show up on the Fark.com “View Voting Results” page. For example:

veruca,2006-06-21 20:26:41,monkeybort

tells me that veruca posted on behalf of monkeybort at that time.

swampa, I already got your PM; don’t worry about re-PM’ing me with the “correct” format.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

heh….thanks swampa!

am i being overly critical here, or is there a disappointing sameness to this week’s entries? I was hoping for so much more.

Not that there aren’t any brilliant shots – there’s an abundance- but they seem to hit closer to desolation,isolation and alienation than solitude….

This week’s theme was more open to interpretation than some themes, and especially with a word like “solitude”, you get people’s connotations and interpretations wrapped up in things even if it isn’t the same as the dictionary definition.

linguine
    Participant

Never even or odd’s entry from 12:15:03 AM is a repeat from the path less taken contest. I made a post in the comments thread about it a couple hours ago but im not sure anyone noticed or what else to do when people post repeats.

linguine
    Participant

nevermind, it seems to have been deleted

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘5-30-07 – Solitude’ is closed to new replies.