5-30-07 – Solitude

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 5-30-07 – Solitude

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    anneb
    Participant

Not that there aren’t any brilliant shots – there’s an abundance- but they seem to hit closer to desolation,isolation and alienation than solitude….

This week’s theme was more open to interpretation than some themes, and especially with a word like “solitude”, you get people’s connotations and interpretations wrapped up in things even if it isn’t the same as the dictionary definition.

I was actually talking to hubby about that last night- I was kind of intrigued how many people seem to, at least in the photo theme, seem to connect solitued with lonliness. I haven’t gone to count, but it does seem that there’s a pretty even break between “solitude for peace” and “undesired solitude.”

Elsinore
    Keymaster

What’s even more interesting about that is that the original description of the theme included the word “lonliness” 😉

anneb
    Participant

What’s even more interesting about that is that the original description of the theme included the word “lonliness” 😉

You mean it changed, and I never noticed?

I blame sunspots.

zeke
    Participant

You mean it changed, and I never noticed?

I blame sunspots.

Was the excuse this week sunspots? Daggum it, I’ve been telling people it was solar flares.

Curious
    Participant

sunspots are signs of aging. solar flares are signs you didn’t have your lens hood on.

schnee
    Participant

snip

swampa, I already got your PM; don’t worry about re-PM’ing me with the “correct” format.[/quote]

Updated, Uranus’s photo should be properly attributed now.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘5-30-07 – Solitude’ is closed to new replies.