8-1-07 – Tools of the Trade

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 8-1-07 – Tools of the Trade

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Description: Every job has a set of tools that go with it. Photograph them. Doesn’t have to be your job.

Curious
    Participant

can i get a special dispensation to post say 30 pictures that week?

has more tools than sears

or it seems like it. small sample here

Curious
    Participant

we have some equipment at work that is more a machine that a tool per se. how about it?

despite my claims to needing 30 i’ve only come up with two shots i like so far. and one will tank.

staplermofo
    Participant

This is my chance to show off all my non-paper-binding staplers!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

we have some equipment at work that is more a machine that a tool per se. how about it?

despite my claims to needing 30 i’ve only come up with two shots i like so far. and one will tank.

Well, a machine is really just a big tool, so I’m good with it.

Curious
    Participant

This is my chance to show off all my non-paper-binding staplers!

one can only hope.

and i mean that sincerely and seriously. i really like specialty tools.

Curious
    Participant

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=2972814

that’s the contest. i sent a farkbark to correct the boobies and make it the Boobies.

now to go post my entries.

sleeping
    Participant

that’s the contest. i sent a farkbark to correct the boobies and make it the Boobies.

Sorry about that, I waited for the first post, but didn’t check to make sure it was the right one 😳

Curious
    Participant

oh goody, another post in the AM 🙂

boobies fixed. nothing done re time request.

and sleeping and swampa it’s not a problem. nor is it the first time that’s happened.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Boob job has occurred. As a point of information, entries that jump the gun are subject to deferrment, which means the entry is moved ahead 12 hours. In tonight’s case, though, just the Boobies post got moved.

swampa
    Participant

Sorry about that, I waited for the first post, but didn’t check to make sure it was the right one 😳

Sorry about that too.

I saw there was no boobies but thought if I gave it twenty seconds then it should be fine and hit submit … whoops.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

oh goody, another post in the AM 🙂

boobies fixed. nothing done re time request.

Time request? Did I miss something?

Elsinore
    Love your sewing shot! I almost used my machine for this week, but the shots I took of it sucked.

Curious
    Participant

Elsinore no it’s cool. i wasn’t sure of we were still emailing Drew re the live time but i see it’s midnight. it appears that either the greenlight admin knows to do that or Mike automated it.

nice entries tonight. fairly wide selection which is nice.

didn’t use the machine from work since the shots didn’t turn out the way i wanted. they needed more set up or props than i had time for.

but i did manage to get shots for both next week and the week after on the way home today 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

GoldenAppleofDiscord: Thanks! Those tatting shots are nice too–don’t think I’d have the patience for that!

Curious: Ah ok. It’s automagic now from the standpoint that the greenlight time is standardized now, but it still requires an admin to push the green button. If you emailed, though, you might not get a response or response might be delayed–think something’s up with the mail tonight.

I figured photography equipment would be frequently represented tonight, but unfortunately, I didn’t have the inspiration to come up with much more than that (and my sewing machine shot is from my archives). I set up some other shots today besides the camera stuff, but I just didn’t like how they turned out. Ah well. As Curious said, there’s a nice mix in there 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘8-1-07 – Tools of the Trade’ is closed to new replies.