8-1-07 – Tools of the Trade

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 8-1-07 – Tools of the Trade

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Curious
    Participant

I saw there was no boobies but thought if I gave it twenty seconds then it should be fine and hit submit … whoops.

don’t know if you’ve run into it yet or not but fark has a “flood protection” filter that makes submitting the link and posting the boobies right together pretty much impossible. while 20 seconds should work it’s my personal experience that a minute is needed. sometimes more.

SilverStag
    Participant

Elsinore: I tried the put the border thingy around my submissions, but somehow the code got stripped off. Wasn’t there instructions somewhere on how to do that?

SilverStag
    Participant

er make that “were there not” instructions. sheesh.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hmm I don’t remember anything about that other than that putting a minimal (several pixels wide) border on your image is considered an acceptable modification for Farktography purposes. Don’t know anything about putting a border on with html, but Fark does put a border on everything automagically (it’s like a 1 pixel gray border) to prevent people getting too clever and pranking threads.

SilverStag
    Participant

I was talking about the green background on your posts, actually.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hm..you mean the colored background for people you’re watching? If you want to change that, go into your Fark profile where you can choose different colors for different Farkers. Is that what you mean or do I need to smoke more crack?

SilverStag
    Participant

Well, if you’re going to smoke more crack the least you could do is invite me over 🙂

I get a green background on yours and schnee’s posts, but also just realized that you two are among/on my watched/favorites list. hmmm.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well now, that would be why we’re green 😉 You can change that color, or kick us off your watch list altogether and then we wouldn’t have any color at all.

yummy crack not included. offer void where prohibited.

/now I’m just loopy

This is my chance to show off all my non-paper-binding staplers!

Those tools are the things of nightmares. They look like they could do some serious damage.

UnstoppableDrew
    Participant

Are my pictures showing up ? They were fine last night but when I checked the thread this morning they aren’t loading, and I can’t get to my host via http. However we have a very crappy internet connection at work so I can’t rule that out.

XenPix
    Participant

Are my pictures showing up ? They were fine last night but when I checked the thread this morning they aren’t loading, and I can’t get to my host via http. However we have a very crappy internet connection at work so I can’t rule that out.

They haven’t been showing up for me at all today, so I’d be guessing the answer to your question is:

No.

🙁

UnstoppableDrew
    Participant

Bugger. I think it’s time to find a new host, these guys just aren’t doing it for me any more.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

They aren’t loading for me either 🙁

UnstoppableDrew
    Participant

Ok, should be back, we’ll see how long it lasts :/
    The support people said it was due to a problem “with all your httpd processes being used up”. I guess they just couldn’t handle the crush of lots of people loading the thread. They said they upped the number of httpd processes for me, hopefully they can keep up.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yep, they’re back for me. If you’re looking for another host, Flickr’s always been good to me, and there are a lot of Farktography folks using them.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘8-1-07 – Tools of the Trade’ is closed to new replies.