8-23-06 "Farktography Classic: On All Fours"

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 8-23-06 "Farktography Classic: On All Fours"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    bobroberts
    Participant

Just wondering how narrow the definition of “animal” is for this week’s contest. For example, how about birds and seals? Or turtles and lizards? (Technically, they’re all animals; I just didn’t know if that was what the contest creator had in mind.)

I wasn’t around for the first contest and just don’t want to put in any invalid entries…

Thanks!

veruca
    Participant

there was a turtle in the first ‘on all fours” contest! I think as long as there are 2 arms and 2 legs it should fly. seals…well i’m not sure about that one.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well the description says:

It doesn’t matter if it is a domestic animal or wild animal. Furless animals and kangaroos are acceptable as well.

So I’d have to think birds and seals should work too…

bobroberts
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification!

/reconsiders previous potential entries
    //scratches head

veruca
    Participant

Well the description says:

It doesn’t matter if it is a domestic animal or wild animal. Furless animals and kangaroos are acceptable as well.

So I’d have to think birds and seals should work too…

But with the title “on all fours”, well…is there a line somewhere? Seals don’t have legs that they stand on. Birds are borderline; do wings count?

The only person who could really say is Cuddlebutt/ScreamingInDigital who was the originator of this contest a year and some months ago.

bobroberts
    Participant

Ok – so I won’t post any bird shots, then. (And I was considering a shot of a seal, but I’d decided against it anyway, so that’s moot for me.)

Can I post a shot of my Mom on all fours? One of her limbs is a pegleg, but oh is she an animal. Rowr!

/straight to hell, I go

Elsinore
    Keymaster

But with the title “on all fours”, well…is there a line somewhere? Seals don’t have legs that they stand on. Birds are borderline; do wings count?

The only person who could really say is Cuddlebutt/ScreamingInDigital who was the originator of this contest a year and some months ago.

See I don’t know. We’ve had similar situations where the title suggests something while the description suggests something slightly more or less inclusive. I tend to go more with the description if there’s a descrepancy, though that’s just me. I could see an argument against birds, but seals have 4 appendages that they do waddle around on when on land (plus they are mammals with hair/fur, though the description says furless animals count). Also, since the original description says kangaroos count (and they walk/hop on 2 legs primarily), I’d have to think seals would work.

But you’re right that only Cuddlebutt/SID could answer for sure as to what the intent was. Unfortunately, even that might not mean much when it comes to voting, given that some voters just vote for whatever without even reading the description or theme…

It was intended to be pretty much anything without fins or feathers. Birds and fish were intended to be later themes.

Hope that helps. 🙂

ch4r7ie
    Participant

mammals rule

mammals rule

Mammaries rule.

ch4r7ie
    Participant

mammals rule

Mammaries rule.

mammaries->boobies

boobies are also a bird..

truthfully, we should hope for mammals, but are we really going to delete someone’s finch for being off theme?

not everyone comes in and reads the forum for clarification

mammals rule

Mammaries rule.

mammaries->boobies

And if bird->penis, then boobies->penis? I’m soooo confused.

ch4r7ie
    Participant

mammals rule

Mammaries rule.

mammaries->boobies

And if bird->penis, then boobies->penis? I’m soooo confused.

there’s an umcomming theme,

i’m confused

shots that are confusing..

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Thanks for the clarification, Screaming In Digital 🙂

monkeybort
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘8-23-06 "Farktography Classic: On All Fours"’ is closed to new replies.