8-28-13 – Upon Golden Light

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 8-28-13 – Upon Golden Light

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

I blame the meds. 😉

//damn; I stopped taking the meds some time ago.

////I blame the Advil.

zomg I seriously *just* took a picture of a rabbit in the Golden Hour a couple days ago to use for this contest and saw you posted one already dammit. 😆

QueenMab
    Participant

I hope this isn’t a stupid question but does the light actually have to be golden? I have a few that qualify time-wise relative to sunrise/sunset but they taken on misty mornings, stormy days, etc. So no golden light in sight. Thanks!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Technically, the description just says they have to be taken during the golden hour, not that they have to be golden (though the title suggests it). I think you’d be in the letter of the law posting anything from that general time period, though it might not do as well with voters as photos that are more golden. Of course, voters have surprised me before, so who knows!

ravnostic
    Participant

I blame the meds. 😉

//damn; I stopped taking the meds some time ago.

////I blame the Advil.

zomg I seriously *just* took a picture of a rabbit in the Golden Hour a couple days ago to use for this contest and saw you posted one already dammit. 😆

Is it better than mine? Then definitely don’t use it!! 😛

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol no, yours is better. The composition is similar, actually, but you have more interesting setting…rocks and flowers while mine is just grass.

ravnostic
    Participant

Well then, by all means, DO use it!! 8)

Lenny_da_Hog
    Participant

Technically, the description just says they have to be taken during the golden hour, not that they have to be golden (though the title suggests it). I think you’d be in the letter of the law posting anything from that general time period, though it might not do as well with voters as photos that are more golden. Of course, voters have surprised me before, so who knows!

Good, that. I just came here to ask the same thing.

I live in a forest in a valley, and all my Fark shots are taken on my walks and hikes in the area. We get long shadows, blues and reds at sunset on every horizon, but looking for the last couple of weeks, I found no effects from our sunset/sunrise time that looked anything like the sample pic in this thread.

Lenny_da_Hog
    Participant

(Heh. I had a rabbit that qualified, too, but I think I’ll just pass that one by…)

ravnostic
    Participant

I’ll take it as a good sign that my wabbit is skeering the other wabbits away. 😀

Lovesandwich
    Participant

My thought was the hour before the sun is technically above or below the horizon, and not AT the sun as then you get a sunset shot. Ravnostics bunny, Linguine’s cactus or my wheat fields are good examples of what I was hoping for the contest…something with the golden sunlight shining on it. However, being that it is hard to police, I would say that as long as the sun was above the horizon, and the light in the sky wasn’t reds, blues or purples, it shall pass. 😀

Oooh…wakitu’s water skier nails it!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah the ones I’ve pulled have been clearly after sunset or before dawn. There have been a few others, but most have been on-topic. This has been a nice theme…forced me to look at the light again in a way I haven’t been lately.

Lovesandwich
    Participant

I am really happy with some of the photos…you guys take amazing photos!

Shame that the votes are so low these days though…when the winning photo only has 11 votes it makes me sad.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I know and agree 🙁 Though the Move it or Lose it theme last week had better voting. Wish I knew the magic formula for themes that attract more participants and voters.

Lovesandwich
    Participant

Votes or not, there are some seriously fantastic photos this week! Well done everyone!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Absolutely!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • The topic ‘8-28-13 – Upon Golden Light’ is closed to new replies.