9-25-13 – I’m Burnin’, I’m Burnin’, I’m Burnin’ for You

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 9-25-13 – I’m Burnin’, I’m Burnin’, I’m Burnin’ for You

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Things that are hot or on fire. Difficulty: No people.

This girl was on fiyaaaaaaah to bring you this theme!

Elsinore
    Keymaster
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ok, so I submitted my fireworks-exploding-near-the-ground shot with the people in it for scale, but didn’t really think about the fact that my difficulty said “no people” without further qualification. I was really thinking more of the whole “people shouldn’t be the “hot” subjects of the photo”, but now I wonder if my entry appears to violate the description. Does anyone have a strong opinion on this? I do appreciate honest opinions!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

On the other hand, I didn’t think twice about Yugoboy’s Civil War re-enactors either, for the same reason..they aren’t the “hot” subjects, so maybe I’m over thinking my entry 😆

ravnostic
    Participant

I dunno. People are people so why should it be? (I don’t have a strong opinion and haven’t even looked for something for this week.)

Yugoboy
    Participant

On the other hand, I didn’t think twice about Yugoboy’s Civil War re-enactors either, for the same reason..they aren’t the “hot” subjects, so maybe I’m over thinking my entry 😆

FWIW – I kinda forgot the “No People” thing, but I did know not to have pictures of really attractive people in various stages of scanty dress. I was thinking of the cannon as “Hot” – same as you, I’m guessing.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I interpreted the theme description as both Yugoboy & Elsinore have – “no people” means only that people can’t be the thing in the photo that satisfies the “hot or on fire” requirement, not that there can’t be people in the photo at all. I do, however, see how it could be more strictly interpreted, so aside from adding a qualifier to the description somewhere (but you can’t edit posts on Fark, can you?), I’m not sure what to do.

I don’t know if I’ll have time to get something together for this one or not, but either way, I’m OK with people being in the shot as long as they’re not the “hot” subject.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I can’t edit posts, no, but I can post another one with a qualifier and change the post time so it shows up before everything else in the thread.

Yugoboy
    Participant

As a (current) non-TF-er, I like that solution lots… (especially since I don’t have to find another pic for it…)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to Circusdog320 this week!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘9-25-13 – I’m Burnin’, I’m Burnin’, I’m Burnin’ for You’ is closed to new replies.