A damn near impossibly bad experience at a camera shop

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill A damn near impossibly bad experience at a camera shop

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    caradoc
    Participant

some odd goings on there, especially the lying about the manager’s/owner’s presence. that’s very screwed up. did you chastise him? question him?

I wouldn’t go so far as to say that saying there’s no manager is an outright lie when the “highest-ranking” person is the owner.

It’s possible that the employees didn’t know he was there, or that he’d come into the middle of the debacle, or even that the owner has given strict orders to the staff not to bother him on Saturdays while he’s using the back room to fix something of his own.

It’s hard to say.

The situation is definitely worrisome, though.

Kestrana
    Participant

Having spent the last 12 years working retail I’m guessing you just dealt with the “weekend guy” who pretty much sucks but has been working for them so long/knows someone/has some sort of special expertise/hasn’t pissed the owner off enough yet to get fired.

ravnostic
    Participant

Thanks for the tip, ELO, and the words of experience from the rest of you. Kestrana add to your ‘potential’ list ‘top sales person’, perhaps? Some of the best sales people are the ones who negate a customer’s belief in their right to a refund or replacement. Just not THIS customer. 🙂

Kestrana
    Participant

Where I work, someone who denied a refund or replacement without speaking to a supervisor first would get disciplined or perhaps even fired. Any business worth buying from should care more about customer satisfaction than $20. Except banks. For some reason people have never been able to force banks to behave the same way the retail & service industry does.

chupathingie
    Participant

That’s a bit of an unsatisfying run-around. Was there a picture hanging somewhere of a parrot pining for the fjords?

staplermofo
    Participant

Hey Canon, this is a known issue.

They ought to come with a “some reassembly required” warning.

cameraflage
    Participant

Ravnostic…I work in a photo lab in Cleveland. I can print pretty much anything you want – paper, metallic, watercolor, canvas, adhesive vinyl, etc., up to 44″ wide. Send me your jpeg and let me see what I can do with it…I’ll snailmail a sample back to you.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘A damn near impossibly bad experience at a camera shop’ is closed to new replies.