A request

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SilverStag
    Participant

I’ve been busy building a website for my photography, and I’d like to ask my fellow Farktographers to visit and lend me your criticisms/suggestions for improvement.

It’s at http://www.philjernphotos.com

I really would welcome your assistance and some fresh eyes. I’m getting a bit blurry 🙂

orionid
    Participant

Looks cool!

Two suggestions:
    1) Perhaps an index page?
    2) The first time I clicked random, it took me to your “about me” page. It would make more sense (to me anyway) to limit random to just the photos.

But still, good work.

SilverStag
    Participant

Limiting randomness…. what a concept 🙂

Actually, I have an index page that’s supposed to be generated, but it doesn’t seem to be working. Right now all I can do is get the site to default to the most recent image. When I get home Monday, I’ll try to put some more thought into that.

So, you’d prefer to land on an index page of thumbnails as the home page?

orionid
    Participant

I think it’s actually kind of cool with landing right on the most recent photo, so perhaps a link to the index?

lokisbong
    Participant

Cool site for sure. I agree with orionid’s suggestions.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I like the dark/monochrome palette you used and how much that makes the saturated red rollover text pop. Also, the watermark-like arrows with “next” and “previous” arrows and dialog are nice when you rollover the image. So what everyone else said, nice job!

SilverStag
    Participant

I’ve put many of you suggestions in place, and added a bunch more photos. Thanks for all the help!

gensolo
    Participant

Great site….maybe a section on the types of filters and equipment you use to help people out? great stuff btw….

SilverStag
    Participant

I’m actually adding a little bit of that as I go along: see http://www.philjernphotos.com/memory-green/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘A request’ is closed to new replies.