A winner is… me?

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery A winner is… me?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bucky_bacon
    Participant

I recently entered my first non-Farktography contest. It was for a local multi-county calendar with the subject of “Life in Northwest Ohio.” It’s really more exciting than it sounds. But this calendar is also my primary inspiration for pursuing photography to begin with. So i decided to pick out a handful of shots, send em in and see what happens.

Long story longer, woohoo won first place! I really nearly didn’t even submit this one because I liked it less than the others, the vertical orientation, and I hate the crop at 8×10. But my wife liked it so I did it to appease her. Guess I learned from this one… 😳 Anyhow here is my shot, in all her glory. At least there is prize money = woohoo new lens!

staplermofo
    Participant

Congratulations. That’s awesome.

orionid
    Participant

+1

/grats, dude.

lokisbong
    Participant

Very cool.

nobigdeal
    Participant

cool!

congrats!

clouddancer
    Participant

I like the picture too (a lot). Another congrats from me is added to the growing pile.

Uranus
    Participant

excellent…always trust the missus for the pic. got my best ever finish based on wifey’s opinion.

so, i guess it’s congratulations to you both! 😀

thepostess
    Participant

Nice job! Congrats!

olavf
    Participant

Awesome! Well done, and an excellent shot too!

That reminds me that I’ve got to get off my arse and submit to the local thing 😛

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Thanks, guys and gals! Actually, she also talked me into entering last week’s dog pic that finished 2nd. I wasn’t going to enter that either. I always fail at choosing what to enter. From now on I’m taking 3 pictures and that’s that. Nah, probably not…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘A winner is… me?’ is closed to new replies.