After the shoot…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Pollage After the shoot…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

You’ve just spent a full day shooting. You get home, toss your gear in a chair, and slowly pull open the fridge. What can or bottle-based beverage do you reach for?

ennuipoet
    Participant

There is but one Beer, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one beverage, Guinness, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Depends heavily on my current mood, time of day, and the weather. Don’t really do much beer unless it’s summer at the lake; when I do, I like a good IPA. My go-to is Maker’s and Coke Zero but I’ve been on a Manhattan kick for a while now, so that would be Knob Creek or Bullett rye, vermouth, bitters, and a teaspoon of maraschino cherry juice. But that’s not exactly “refreshing;” it’s more of a sip & contemplate drink. Finally, if the mood’s right and I want something a little heavier, you can’t beat a Zing Zang bloody mary with blue-cheese-stuffed olives.

Now, who’s getting the first round? 🙂

fluffybunny
    Participant

Corona is cheap and easy here and not “Diet-half-caf-zero” beer (why drink if you’re going to kill all the reasons?)
    Founders Breakfast with a big juicy steak is doubleplus good.

Yugoboy
    Participant

There is always Honey Brown Lager in the fridge.

But it keeps company with whatever dark, sweet, brew I have gotten recently. If I’ve been to Canada in the recent past, there’s going to be Upper Canada Dark Ale hanging around.

I’m a beer snob, and although Guiness is good, as far as I’m concerned it’s a starter brew 😉

When I stopped at F.X. Matt brewery a few weeks ago, where they make Saranac and Lake Placid brands, I got some Lake Placid Nippletop (named after one of the 46 High Peaks) milk stout. I love milk stouts. I don’t find them around often enough at prices I’m willing to pay.

I could go on about various beers I love for a long goddam time. I guess my go-to answer is Honey Brown. Price is right and it goes down smooth in all weather.

linguine
    Participant

Usually would be some type of wheat beer

ennuipoet
    Participant

I’m a beer snob, and although Guiness is good, as far as I’m concerned it’s a starter brew 😉

HERETIC!!!!

Actually, I just don’t have the energy to mess with being a beer snob. I already have so many things I am passionate about, what with my hatred of Instagram, various collectibles, writing snarky internet posts…I have no space left to be snooty about beer. I like Guinness, if the temperature is below 100 I will drink it, if it is above 100 I will drink a couple of glass of water in the air conditioning and THEN I will drink it. It goes well with what I am really there to drink, the Jameson.

orionid
    Participant

Man, y’all are a bunch of alcoholics.

Okay, let me rephrase my attempt at subtley gathering information in the form of a blatant post. Everyone that wants a soda/beer can lens gets one. I’ll start a new thread in the Pub and Grill with more details.

emiliogtz
    Participant

It depends on the availability and how hot the day was. Usually Negra Modelo or Dos Equis Ambar. Not a beer snob really, though I enjoy my local microbrewery whenever I can.

I like Guinness too but it’s too damn expensive down here to stock on it.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Negra Modelo.

Yummy.

Yoyo
    Participant

Kool-Aid.

orionid
    Participant

Kool-Aid.

Original? Or Jim Jones?

ravnostic
    Participant

Kool-Aid.

Original? Or Jim Jones?

//win 😛

I’m still a simple man with simple pleasures. Budweiser, 4evR

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘After the shoot…’ is closed to new replies.