Another Instagram Hater (Found on BearFood)

Forums Forums News Articles and Info Another Instagram Hater (Found on BearFood)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Yugoboy
    Participant

http://uk.queryclick.com/en/seo-news/why-i-hate-instagram/

Also, you should check out BearFood.com from the guy who gives us TheOatmeal.com – good stuff (even if you find the model derivative – which he readily acknowledges.)

Yoyo
    Participant

I LOL’d. He’s got some good points. It’s not that I dislike Instagram, but I don’t like trite faux aftereffects. I do like the smplicity and speed Instagram gives to posting photos. I love his references to the Eiffel Tower and drop shadow. (Although drop shadow actually has a useful effect, i.e. to make text standout from the background.)

Speaking of olde-timey photos, my National Guard armory now has 3 photos of an old unit during the punitive raid, war with Spain, and WWI. They’re each the classic military group portrait with the whole unit standing close packed on the parade field. Unfortunately, the prints are too small to see much detail of any individual, but the uniforms and flags are recognizable. I wonder if in another 100 years people will look back and be amazed at how photos look from the present.

orionid
    Participant

http://uk.queryclick.com/en/seo-news/why-i-hate-instagram/

Also, you should check out BearFood.com from the guy who gives us TheOatmeal.com – good stuff (even if you find the model derivative – which he readily acknowledges.)

Right after he unveiled BearFood, I submitted Fark as a link with the title “Drew Curtis did it first”

staplermofo
    Participant

I wonder if in another 100 years people will look back and be amazed at how photos look from the present.

No doubt about it. There’s a nice photography-only museum here with everything from albumen prints to xeroradiograph prints. It’s hard to accept photography as one art.
    That, and people in the future will look different. Small things like smiling a lot, regularly walking in leather soled shoes on a dewy cobblestone road or 15 pounds of kimono and platform sandals permanently affect your features. Distortions from stuff like fetal alcohol syndrome, chronic malnutrition, etc will probably be less common.
    My personal hope is that head coning comes back. I want to joust my friends on hoverboards with my grandkid for a lance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Another Instagram Hater (Found on BearFood)’ is closed to new replies.