Barracuda’s keepers – photos that I let other people see

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Barracuda’s keepers – photos that I let other people see

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Barracuda
    Participant

Another frame from the longhorns set:

And a decidedly more ‘real’ living thing, a Green Heron fishing / playing hide and seek with me and my camera yesterday. One of the leading contenders for this coming week’s theme.

Barracuda
    Participant

Found this shot while going through my Lightroom albums this morning. Taken on my old Canon P&S not long after we moved into this house (geez, has it been 4 years already?). Early summer storm clouds at sunset made for a rather dramatic sky.

Barracuda
    Participant

Evening aimed towards the sunset was pretty boring looking this evening. However pointed the opposite direction was much a different story:

— probably first lightning strike I’ve ever captured.

— quickly followed by the second.

— and one more.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Were you using a trigger for those strikes or just capturing them “statistically”?

ravnostic
    Participant

I can’t wait for my trigger to arrive–should be late next week. Meanwhile, I got a couple sweet shots tonight at work–went atop the parking garage during a mother of a cell spitting off bolts every 10-12 seconds. Didn’t have long to shoot, but at least one is as perfect as I could hope for, given the lack-luster view.

Barracuda
    Participant

fluffy, completely by luck and chance. Was standing out there on the side of the road missing some spectacular bolts going ‘damn it, should have bought a trigger when I first thought about it.’ To get those three bolts, looks like I have about 30 shots.

Barracuda
    Participant

HDR Sunrise (first real attempt at doing an HDR image)

And a sunset that just didn’t seem to end.

[imig]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-SCt_p4hZ9kY/UAqSEV49oSI/AAAAAAAAID4/g9du0Cbnyko/s1280/IMG_5492.jpg[/img]

(not HDR, but way processed in Lightroom)

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • The topic ‘Barracuda’s keepers – photos that I let other people see’ is closed to new replies.