Batteries not included!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Batteries not included!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Analogy
    Participant

I just bought a flash package from B&H Photo consisting of two 580EX II flashes and an ST-E2 transmitter for controlling them off-camera. I thought it was strange that the “complete package” didn’t include something fairly important: The battery for the ST-E2. I can understand not including AA batteries which are fairly common, everybody has some of those lying around, but the ST-E2 requires a special lithium battery, called a 2CR5. The worst part is that B&H did not even warn me that this battery would need to be purchased separately. Boooo!

staplermofo
    Participant

Sometimes you can use 2 AA batteries instead of 1 2cr5.

linguine
    Participant

I dont think hes planning on throwing them at people to mug them.

Analogy
    Participant

Sometimes you can use 2 AA batteries instead of 1 2cr5.

When I first opened the battery compartment my first instinct was that it was for AAs but I noticed there aren’t any conductors on one side, and it very specifically says it requires 6 volts, and two AAs would only give 3 even if I put a conductor in there to wire them in series. The compartment’s too short for AAs anyway.

Analogy
    Participant

Hey, it looks like it does take AAs after all! Well, sort of:

Uranus
    Participant

let us know if there are any survivors at B&H Photo 😯
    depending on the price paid, I’m fairly certain I would return to the point of sale and have a word or 2.
    the worst that could happen is that you still wind up buying the battery, but you might get lucky under the
    heading “customer service”….

Analogy
    Participant

Weeelll… The thing is, I ordered it online. I’m sure if I’d bought it from a brick and mortar a salesman would have made sure I walked out with everything I needed to make it work.

Uranus
    Participant

ah….send them some talcum powder in an envelope…..

staplermofo
    Participant

That picture is the funniest thing I’ve seen in a long time.

Analogy
    Participant

That picture is the funniest thing I’ve seen in a long time.

It worked too! It’s how I took my self portrait picture over in The Gallery. I eventually disassembled the contraption though, in case the fire marshal came by.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Batteries not included!’ is closed to new replies.