Been way too long since I was here

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Been way too long since I was here

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    jpatten
    Participant
    olavf
    Participant

Dude!

jpatten
    Participant

This an actual photograph, not a CGI construct. I did play a fair amount with color temp and cleaned up the background but its not a composite or what is classically referred to as ‘shopped’

Farktographer
    Participant

Whoa…how?

ravnostic
    Participant

It’s really stunning. Welcome back!!

jpatten
    Participant

Thank you, and its made of Paper, (vellum in this case) 30 Sheets folded into forms and assembled, then filled with battery operated christmas lights.

staplermofo
    Participant

Yowza.

jpatten
    Participant

THe largest one I have constructed, made from 12×12 sheets.

ravnostic
    Participant

Origami is one of my passions; I’d love the pattern if it’s something you’d care to share. I’m particularly fond of tessellations, and this strikes me as a very three dimensional one.

jpatten
    Participant

I don’t mind at all, I learned to make these back in high-school and I know i have seen it online. I will look up a link, but it does require square paper. Once you fold the basic form, its just a matter of assembling the pieces.
    6 pieces makes a cube
    12 makes a stellated Octahedron
    30 makes the stellated Icosahedron above
    I understand there is a form made form 90 pieces, but I haven’t attempted that.

lokisbong
    Participant

Very cool! great photo.

jpatten
    Participant

thank you

chupathingie
    Participant

This really strikes a nerve with me, I used to construct all manner of stellations out of paper, toothpicks, wire/solder, etc… This really made for a nice image!

jpatten
    Participant

Thank you.
    If they weren’t so labor intensive I think they’d make a great christmas decoration.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Been way too long since I was here’ is closed to new replies.