Bike the Bricks Criterium races 2013

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Bike the Bricks Criterium races 2013

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Barracuda
    Participant

Second year shooting at the annual bike races in McKinney. Seems I forgot what I told myself last year about renting a body that can handle ISO’s above 400 without the resulting image being garbage – that WILL be the ultimate reason I upgrade from the XSi. All the same though, managed to get some good shots even with the heavy cloud cover was making my ISO issues even more troublesome.

Processed in Lightroom / Color Efex

Processed in Lightroom / Color Efex

Lightroom tools only

Lightroom/Silver Efex

Still have lots of photos to process, may get a few more done tonight, but I’m whipped after doing a 46mi ride that ended up being a bit more “spirited” in tempo than I’d anticipated. Those I have processed and liked and the rest will posted here: https://picasaweb.google.com/102637182371352471338/BikeTheBricks2013#

Yugoboy
    Participant

Cool shots!

If I’m home this year, I fully plan on shooting our local Critereon also. We’ll see if I can get anywhere near the quality you’ve got.

Barracuda
    Participant

Thanks. The biggest issues were shutter speed (heavy cloud cover along with the late hour of the day as the evening went on), and getting the focus point right (compounded by the fact I was having to use fairly open apertures) so the lead riders are sharp caused the biggest number of deleted images.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Bike the Bricks Criterium races 2013’ is closed to new replies.