Black And White

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Airmonos
    Participant

I have a question about Wednesday’s (Jan 11, 2006) theme. Is it ok to use Photoshop to make the picture black and white or should we be shooting with black and white film (or for me, figuring out how to do black and white on my digital)?
    Thanks!

Klahanie
    Participant

It’s all good! It doesn’t matter how you get there, the result is what really counts. I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with!

veruca
    Participant

So many beautiful entries tonight – black and white is such a great medium.

Klahanie
    Participant

*sigh* I’m having nothing but trouble tonight, but I’ll be back after I fix dinner.

logomancer
    Participant

It really is a great medium. I love your flower shot, veruca; the restraint of b&w leaves the color explosion to the imagination.

Stu_Padasso
    Participant

Well, I submitted my first two pictures!! They got a couple of votes each, so I’m pretty happy with that!

Both pictures just kind of “happened”. I’m sure everyone here knows what I mean by that. Isn’t it great when everything sets up so perfectly in the picture, that when you see it you can’t help but say “Wow. Nice pic” 😀

logomancer
    Participant

Well, I submitted my first two pictures!! They got a couple of votes each, so I’m pretty happy with that!

Both pictures just kind of “happened”. I’m sure everyone here knows what I mean by that. Isn’t it great when everything sets up so perfectly in the picture, that when you see it you can’t help but say “Wow. Nice pic” 😀

Congrats, brother. That closeup is pretty sweet. The whole key to good animal shots is getting those eyes in focus. I, too, submitted a chillin’ cat shot, too, that just “happened” – really, most of my shots are like that (and life, too, for that matter).

Keep on rockin’.

monkeybort
    Participant

i love everything tonight – what a great theme.

sorry i’m so non-participatory in the forum tonight, i think it’s time for me to go to bed!

sleeeepy monkey.

logomancer
    Participant

G’night, monkey.

Needless to say, I just about wet myself when I saw that lightbulb pic; I’m glad it garnered the recognition it deserved.

I’m pretty psyched, too, that Drew got us greenlit so quickly: the response has been tremendous, eh?

Well, anyway, sleep well.

Klahanie
    Participant

Good show everyone. I blew it tonight. I’m exhausted and we got final word today that my Father-in-law has, at the most, 6 months to “live”. If ya’ll are so inclined, please say a prayer for him (Glenn) and the family. G’night. 😥

Anonymous
    Participant

you guys did a great job. youre all excellent photographers

logomancer
    Participant

Good show everyone. I blew it tonight. I’m exhausted and we got final word today that my Father-in-law has, at the most, 6 months to “live”. If ya’ll are so inclined, please say a prayer for him (Glenn) and the family. G’night. 😥

Absolutely – for him, you and your families.

veruca
    Participant

I am so, so sorry to hear the news 🙁 Thoughts are with you and the family.

Full Custom
    Participant

You people are phenomenal photographers. Excellent work on this week’s contest. No love from me, I spent last night getting tattooed. I’ll see what I can do for next week.

monkeybort
    Participant

*hug*

so sorry to hear that galley – you and your family are definitely in my thoughts.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Black And White’ is closed to new replies.