Book Stuff That Needs Doing

Forums Forums Projects and Collaborations Projects Book Stuff That Needs Doing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

A lot of people have asked if there’s anything they can do to help, well here’s the first thing.

Although the book is mostly photographs we need some text. I need volunteers to write short essays that would be included or excerpted throughout chapters.

The theme of the essay should be one or all of the following:

1. Why you participate in farktography/what farktography means to you
    2. Why you take photographs/what photography means to you
    3. What draws you as a photo/farktographer to one or more of these categories of subject matter:
    – Nature
    – Places/Architecture
    – Vivid color
    – Animals
    – Dark/Abandoned/Disturbing
    – Serious/Portraiture/Emotional
    – Humorous
    – Using technical expertise to create a great shot

No word count limit but keep in mind that the longer it is, the more likely it will be excerpted.

From what I’ve seen of the bios submitted so far, we have a lot of talented writers in the group. Even if you don’t consider yourself a word smith, I (and other people with degrees in writing, like Elsinore) can help you refine your work if you’d like to submit something.

ravnostic
    Participant

Now this I can do. In probably far fewer words than in most of my comments here on the forum, even. The book project is on my to do list for my ‘weekend’, which begins tomorrow morning at 6:15 am. I’ll add this portion to it.

I presume you’re looking for ‘1) intro, 2) 3 specific points, 3) closing’ type essays? 500-1000 words?

Kestrana
    Participant

Your essay should have a distinct thesis but I’m not going to provide a set structure everyone should follow. It can range from a grand dissertation to a list of five poignant quotes. However the structure you’ve outlined is a typical essay format, yes.

I forgot to mention, email it to me at farktographybook (at) gmail.com

Elsinore
    Keymaster

A lot of people have asked if there’s anything they can do to help, well here’s the first thing.

Although the book is mostly photographs we need some text. I need volunteers to write short essays that would be included or excerpted throughout chapters.

From what I’ve seen of the bios submitted so far, we have a lot of talented writers in the group. Even if you don’t consider yourself a word smith, I (and other people with degrees in writing, like Elsinore) can help you refine your work if you’d like to submit something.

I can totally do both of these things.

linguine
    Participant

Can we rite teh essays in lolspeak?

QueenBee
    Participant

I can write something up as well. I’ll work on it tomorrow..anything to procrastinate from editing and working on my other writing projects 😛

Kestrana
    Participant

Can we rite teh essays in lolspeak?

We do have a chapter called “The Humorous” and when I initially thought about people who could write something for that chapter, you were at the top of the list.

So yes, if it’s still coherent and funny enough. 😛

QueenBee
    Participant

ok I have an essay I’ll send over. please, feel free to tell me if it sucks or needs changing in anyway. We just got our scanner to work as well so I’ll send the forms back as well!

millera9
    Participant

I will try to put something together quickly. kestrana, do you have a deadline for this?

QueenBee
    Participant

ok I have an essay I’ll send over. please, feel free to tell me if it sucks or needs changing in anyway. We just got our scanner to work as well so I’ll send the forms back as well!

I swear I don’t use “as well” repeatedly in my essay thing!! 😳

Kestrana
    Participant

I would like a couple by next week that I can plug into the sample chapter if anyone could be done with a rough draft by then.

wrayvynn
    Participant

I can probably squeeze out something for the “Animals” category. I’ll work on it this week. 😉

Kestrana
    Participant

You do this for a living. I’ll expect perfection 😉

wrayvynn
    Participant

You do this for a living. I’ll expect perfection 😉

I’m a writer not an editor! Expect perfection from my editor! I make it sound good, she makes it look good! 😉

wrayvynn
    Participant

And I think I will write for the “nature” category instead. Makes more sense since none of my animal shots made the cut 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • The topic ‘Book Stuff That Needs Doing’ is closed to new replies.