camera on your computer vs. a camera

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest camera on your computer vs. a camera

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Under the proposed changes, sepia or b/w would be fine in camera, but selective color would not be as it’s a selective application like any other selective application used in post-processing. The exception to this would be in camera red-eye removal, since that’s allowable in post-processing as well. If I’m mis-stating the proposed change, someone jump in.

Btw, cropping is always fine.

corsec67
    Participant

Why not just say that conversion to B&W or sepia is fine however you do it, but distortions, in-“camera” or afterwards, unless an artifact of the lens/optics, are not allowed?

M-j
    Participant

Okey dokey. Thanks for the clarification!

QuickSilver
    Participant

Is it someones task to peruse all of the entries and cull the ones that do not meet the criteria? That would be a daunting task each week. A job that I wouldn’t want.

Curious
    Participant

yes, although in general you have to be pretty far off the theme to get pulled.

one person is responsible for actually deleting the offending image but several of us offer opinions and help keep an eye on the contest(s).

and while it may be a thankless job it is an essential one.

RcMacStudent
    Participant

No, we don’t have a ‘big brother’ who watches for rule violations.

As long as I’ve been here (the last 2 months) it’s really been a self regulating/honor system to follow the rules each week. Occasionally somebody does overstep the rules and then the community usually steps in to tell them not to do it again. Overall the people on Fark are pretty good about following the rules (at least for Farktography, I don’t watch the PSAEF so I don’t how many problems they have) and the occasional violation is often done in ignorance by a random liter.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, actually, RcMacStudent, Fark mods do watch for rule violations–see Curious‘s post 😉 Truly blatant violations generally get pulled fast enough that few people see them. But it is a pretty well self-regulating system. Obviously off-theme or obviously manipulated images also don’t tend to do well in votes when they do slip through the cracks.

schnee
    Participant

…ignorance by a random liter^H^H^H^H^H Farktography noob.

fixed it for you.

/anyone know how to get strikethrough to work using BBCode?

staplermofo
    Participant

…ignorance by a random liter^H^H^H^H^H Farktography noob.

fixed it for you.

/anyone know how to get strikethrough to work using BBCode?

You could try this.

But that seems like a lot of work, so I’ll leave it to you and just goof off

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘camera on your computer vs. a camera’ is closed to new replies.