CF Card memory error

Forums Forums Get Technical Farktography tech talk CF Card memory error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dauber
    Participant

Went out shooting today at a local national park, probably took 200+ photos. When I got home and tried to download the photos my computer did not recognize the memory card. it said the card needed to be formatted in order to use it (this was using a USB card reader). I then put the card back in my camera and tried to access the pictures directly from the camera. Only half the photos showed up, only pictures that I had taken days ago, even though at the park I could review the pictures just fine.

Is there any way to recover these pictures?

soosh
    Participant

google CF card recovery. There are a lot of options available out there. I’m not really familiar with any of them, but I have noticed a lot of discussions of the various ones on photo.net, so that might be another place to look.

dauber
    Participant

Thanks.

And yes, I should have done a little more research before I posted this, including reading some of the other forum topics. I was getting frustrated because my wife was standing over me saying “Why isn’t it working? What did you do to it? You are the computer guy why can’t you make it work?” I have since had dinner, relaxed a bit and am researching data recovery.

olavf
    Participant

If you have a linux box available, try that.

I was able to recover 95% of a thumb drive that Windows refused to read. Thank goodness too, because that thing contained ~8GB of my wife’s life work. and there was no way to get at the original files.

soosh
    Participant

Thanks.

And yes, I should have done a little more research before I posted this, including reading some of the other forum topics. I was getting frustrated because my wife was standing over me saying “Why isn’t it working? What did you do to it? You are the computer guy why can’t you make it work?” I have since had dinner, relaxed a bit and am researching data recovery.

oh, believe me, I’m not one of those “did you google?” people. I don’t have any direct experience, but have noticed a lot of people on photo.net especially, talking about this.

The linux idea is good as well. I’ve recovered entire hard drives that were completely unreadable in Windows by hooking them to a Linux computer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘CF Card memory error’ is closed to new replies.