Changing the day?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kmmontandon
    Participant

Wasn’t quit sure as to the best forum, so I’ll just toss it out here:

How about changing the Farktography day? Wednesday must be kind of a hassle for other working people than myself, especially those of us that work nights. But even people with a modest commute, and a job that doesn’t end until even early evening, are pretty well out of it. I was thinking Sunday would be a better day, since I’m betting that less people would be put out than by holding it on Wednesday.

idle_hands
    Participant

that’s not a bad idea…

i’m easy

8)

veruca
    Participant

Wasn’t quit sure as to the best forum, so I’ll just toss it out here:

How about changing the Farktography day? Wednesday must be kind of a hassle for other working people than myself, especially those of us that work nights. But even people with a modest commute, and a job that doesn’t end until even early evening, are pretty well out of it. I was thinking Sunday would be a better day, since I’m betting that less people would be put out than by holding it on Wednesday.

I can see and understand your point in that we all have busy schedules during the week and such. I have my own lovely 45 minute commute every workday.

However, for me personally, Wednesdays just work better. Seven months of the year it’s very rare to find me at home on a weekend day because that’s when I go out, explore, and take my photos. On Tuesday nights I pick, resize, and upload my photos to my web space. If I’m lucky I can post from work Wednesday evening, and if not then I wait ’til I plow through my commute and post when I get home. I don’t have to rush home from the further reaches of the greater Puget Sound region on a weekend day to post. I don’t know if I’d make it regularly if I had to…

But I do understand my scenario is not like everyone else’s, and I can totally post a poll for voting if there’s more interest in changing the day of the week on which Farktography is held.

monkeybort
    Participant

it makes no difference to me, really. wednesday can sometimes be a pain just because there are a lot of events during the week here. for instance, there is a fundraiser this week for the skate park on wednesday night. so i guess that is a vote for changing it, for me.

veruca – would you mind posting a poll? i still haven’t figured those pesky things out. 🙂

veruca
    Participant

Poll is up. Looks like Sunday or Monday nights are in the lead right now…

Klahanie
    Participant

Not that it matters all that much, but I think a weekend day will be really bad when the weather starts getting better. Anyway, I voted for keeping it on Wednesday. I guess we’ll see tonight when more people have a chance to vote.

eire_irie
    Participant

I stay up til 1AM Wednesday to post at the 8PM EST
    A real biatch if I’ve got a 8AM meeting

I’d probably be better off getting up at 6AM ’cause the contest don’t usually go live for 5-6 hrs.

Any time is going to be difficult with the WWW. 8PM EST vs 4PM PST.

I usually upload earlier in the week so I’m ready to have a cuppa tea and go to bed.

I’d rather not do weekends…I’d prolly be too drunk to remember 😀

I’ll still post whatever the time.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing the day?’ is closed to new replies.