Couple boxes I p/u; anyone idears?

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Couple boxes I p/u; anyone idears?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

These are a couple boxes I picked up at an estate sale (the only camera I wanted was in someone else’s hands). Apparently held lens cones. Boxes are about 13″ x 13″ x 6″ externally, and 12x12x~5 internally. I paid cheap, but they are quite sturdy little containers. Am deciding whether to keep them or e-bay them or what.

sleeping
    Participant

Obviously, you should use them to store your lens cones…

ravnostic
    Participant

Of course; that’s a given.

What’s a lens cone?

It’s really to bad they don’t make vinyl anymore; they’d be perfect for some LP’s.

caradoc
    Participant

They might work very well to hold a battery and an inverter… for portable power.

lokisbong
    Participant

my googling says they are used in enlarging prints?

sleeping
    Participant

What’s a lens cone?

I believe they are off an aerial camera (or possibly a fixed focus macro system of some kind) – they’re used to fit large format lenses of different focal lengths at a fixed extension in a system where focusing isn’t required.

sleeping
    Participant
    ravnostic
    Participant

I found another link that said the K-22 was designed for, but never used for, recon photography. 9×9″ negatives on the k-22, said it. No e-bay history, though (closest was for a 24″ cone, and it only went for $30).

Oh well, the pair only set me back $20. I’ll find a use for them. They are lovely little boxes.

Got another lovely little wood box that I believe I’ll use for telescope stuff. Solid wood, even (pine, but still; dovetailed joints, etc). Too small for camera stuff, but the top compartment would hold all my telescope lenses and such nicely, with the bottom for other misc. things. $10. Busiest estate sale I’d ever been too; I was there an hour early and there were 30 ahead of me; by the time they opened up, another 60 behind.

ravnostic
    Participant

caradoc, any luck with photos last night?

caradoc
    Participant

caradoc, any luck with photos last night?

Not for actual rain or lightning.

I got this one:

…and a buddy of mine shot this one of me:

ravnostic
    Participant

What’s with the celly attached to the tripod? Nice shot of 4P.

caradoc
    Participant

What’s with the celly attached to the tripod? Nice shot of 4P.

That’s a Kodak Playsport Zx3 – waterproof 1080P video camera. If a storm rolled in, I planned on recording video as well as my stills.

(I had it set for 720P, 60 frames per second…)

LeicaLens
    Participant

They were cones!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Couple boxes I p/u; anyone idears?’ is closed to new replies.