Decisions, decisions

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SilverStag
    Participant

I’ve decided I need a new wideangle lens more than I need my studio lights (which, as it turns out, I rarely use.)

So I’m gonna sell the Alien Bees in favor of a Tokina 12-24 or Sigma 10-20 (I haven’t decided which one yet.)

I thought I’d give my Farktographer brethren and sisteren 😉 first shot.

up are 3 AB 400’s, minty, with travel cases.

Speak now, before the *bay gets them.

XenPix
    Participant

(In relation to the wide angles, Elsinore has the Tokina and I have the Sigma, I’m sure Elsinore won’t mind if you hit her up for some example shots, and I’m more than happy to provide some if you want to see them in action.)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Man, AB’s are on my wish list, but I don’t have the funds currently. Both the Tokina and Sigma are excellent lenses; let us know if you have questions.

zeke
    Participant

BTW, my ‘windows’ shot from this week was shot with the Tokina. The camera was located maybe 7-8′ away from the windows, the windows themselves are about 8′ wide. The shot was taken at a focal length of 12mm. I’ve uploaded the high res version to my flickr, you’re welcome to take a look.

SilverStag
    Participant

Zeke, Elsinore needs some AB’s for Xmas.

Analogy
    Participant

What’s your asking price? I’m interested in getting some more lighting.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Here’s all my Tokina 12-24 f/4 shots up on Flickr currently (but disregard the camera gear shot; that only has the Tokina in it, it wasn’t taken with it 😉 ):
    http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=tokina&w=65365136%40N00&z=t

I took some shots at the park last weekend that I need to upload, too…

SilverStag
    Participant

thanks hon. I’ve pretty much decided on the Tokina over the Sigma. I just need lots more than my 18-70 is giving me on the wide end.

soosh
    Participant

I love my Tokina 12-24.

I’m trying to decide now between a 20mm f/1.8 and a 30mm f/1.4

monkeybort
    Participant

SilverStag – are you including the lightstands or anything? what’s the price range? feel free to PM or email me if you don’t want to be public about it. 😛

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Decisions, decisions’ is closed to new replies.