Did you see that moon this morning?

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Did you see that moon this morning?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    soosh
    Participant

It was still pretty high overhead at 7am, so I was able to call in late to work and drive around the edge of our island to get this photo. This is full frame at 400mm at around 8:30 this morning. The buildings at lower right are about 15-20 miles away, the mountains are I dunno, 30 miles further? They’re across a major body of saltwater, is all I know, and are completely roadless and inaccessible to me.

I’m heading back out tonight around 3am until daybreak. It’s awfully damned bright out there right now.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

The moon has been exceptionally bright lately, I’ve noticed it’s been much more visible during the day then normal even down here in the SF area.

But THAT shot is ridiculously pretty.

orionid
    Participant

The moon is the closest it’s been to the earth since 1993, and as close as it will be untill…… sometime time years in the future, can’t remember that date. I had the tripod out last night, too……

jpatten
    Participant

Till about 2016 if I remember right.

Here is my offering

olavf
    Participant

According to the weather, we had something like 70% cloudcover last night, but it seemed more like 110%. Couldn’t even see the moon. The night before was pretty cool though.

maybe tonight will be better if the rains don’t start :/

And soosh that is one awesome picture.

NoticeablyF.A.T.
    Participant

Holy carp soosh, that’s great.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Did you see that moon this morning?’ is closed to new replies.