Does it show?

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Does it show?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    millera9
    Participant

XenPix

Oh, and I’m a girl, just to clear that up.

Wait, a girl? On the internet? Yeah, I’m going to need some incontrovertible proof for my uhhh…. errr…. personal records…. yeah….. *whistles innocently* 🙄

staplermofo

If it really was photography, Captain Jim and idle_hands would be out back beating me with an extension cord while monkeybort and veruca were up front trying to distract you from my anguished screams.

No no dude, your photography’s awesome. Now, if we were all entering mathematics contests, that would be a different story… 😉

XenPix
    Participant

Back to the topic at hand, XenPix does the dSLR you have have a RAW format? If it does try some photos with that and that should tell you if it is the camera or the camera compression software causing the artifact.

That was from the RAW. It also appeared on the Mac and PC, and two separate memory cards. I figured the people at Canon were going to get me to try all those things if I rang them without trying it. They just said “Get a replacement” as soon as I said what it was. I was disappointed I didn’t get asked to reboot it. 😛

sorry about that “his” stuff. i’d actually typed his/her but thought motorsports and deleted the her. oops.

I get that a lot. I also work in construction. I guess someone got something a bit wrong when they made me a girl. 😉

but I don’t want to put up things that look a bit poo. these contests aren’t “post your flawless photo” of X, you know. heck if they were i wouldn’t enter. the purpose is to enjoy showing your work. make that sharing your work. and if you look at the voting over time the “winners”* are those that match the theme and/or are funny. technical merit usually ranks third.

*winners in quotes because a)everyone who enters wins in the sharing part b)there are no fabulous prizes.

Super!

XenPix

Oh, and I’m a girl, just to clear that up.

Wait, a girl? On the internet? Yeah, I’m going to need some incontrovertible proof for my uhhh…. errr…. personal records…. yeah….. *whistles innocently* 🙄

That will cost you two small, virtually spherical objects, and a doctor’s certificate. 😈

staplermofo
    Participant

That will cost you two small, virtually spherical objects, and a doctor’s certificate. 😈

You mentioned you were new, so someone has to say it..

If you ask for something on fark, you will get it. Probably more of it than you could ever have wanted. I don’t know how much making and shipping replica testicles would cost, or how difficult it is, or any number of things a more normal person would find extremely discouraging, but I can assure you someone on here knows from personal experience. A personal experience they’re likely eager to duplicate.
    And that’s the good scenario.
    There are horror stories.

Oh, and welcome, you’ll love it here. Try the mashed potatoes.

XenPix
    Participant

I never mentioned testicles, I could have been talking marbles. You people and your sick minds!

I feel right at home already. 😉

millera9
    Participant

You mentioned you were new, so someone has to say it..

If you ask for something on fark, you will get it. Probably more of it than you could ever have wanted. I don’t know how much making and shipping replica testicles would cost, or how difficult it is, or any number of things a more normal person would find extremely discouraging, but I can assure you someone on here knows from personal experience. A personal experience they’re likely eager to duplicate.
    And that’s the good scenario.
    There are horror stories.

Oh, and welcome, you’ll love it here. Try the mashed potatoes.

I never mentioned testicles, I could have been talking marbles. You people and your sick minds!

I feel right at home already. :Wink:

Awww man… *puts the scalpel down*

/Wait… replicas? 😯

staplermofo
    Participant

/Wait… replicas? 😯

I’ll tell you when you’re older, and I don’t live in the same state as the guy, and the statute of limitations is up.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I give you….neuticles:
    http://www.neuticles.com/index1.html

Analogy
    Participant

That will cost you two small, virtually spherical objects

Sorry to break it to you, but while your last boyfriend may have promised you the stars in the sky, I’m afraid it’s not really a very practical standard to hold to the rest of us.

swampa
    Participant

Sorry to break it to you, but while your last boyfriend may have promised you the stars in the sky, I’m afraid it’s not really a very practical standard to hold to the rest of us.

Yeah, why couldn’t you be like most people and just ask for photos in email instead? 😛

monkeybort
    Participant

but we *would* bring you the ocean, if you asked.

millera9
    Participant

Hey man, speak for yourself there! I’m totally willing to make promises that I have no intention of keeping. 😈

/Hopefully we haven’t frightened the (alleged) new girl off already…
    //Any word on when your non-glitchy replacement is going to show up XenPix?

XenPix
    Participant

//Any word on when your non-glitchy replacement is going to show up XenPix?

The day after I found the glitch and told them about it. Which was fantastic. Seems to be fine and dandy too.

Everyone else:
    Takes a whole bunch more than that to scare me. 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘Does it show?’ is closed to new replies.