Eastern Sierra trip

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Eastern Sierra trip

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Plamadude30k
    Participant

I’m in Bishop, California right now on my annual hiking trip to the eastern sierra, and before I get into the back country and out of contact, I wanted to share some photos from the past couple of days with all of you. Here’s a sample:

And a link to the album (which I will update a couple more times as I take them):
    https://picasaweb.google.com/Darth.Java/Sierra2011?authuser=0&feat=directlink

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Wow, lots of really beautiful shots there. And a couple of potential bokeh contest entries, too, I see.

olavf
    Participant

395 is my favorite US highway. I can’t wait to run down it again.

/awesome shots. Can’t wait to see more 🙂

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Wow, lots of really beautiful shots there. And a couple of potential bokeh contest entries, too, I see.

The contests are always in my mind nowadays. I’m looking for shots of every contest I can remember-scheduled, hoppered, or suggested.

Today we did a hike we’ve done a few times before, but the wildflowers were just unbelievable. I was planning on pausing on the way down and getting my macro lens out for the flowers, but a huge thunderstorm built up really fast between ~11:30 and noon, and we had to really book it down the mountain. There was a point at which I was practically flying down the trail as the clouds spat little raindrops at me and thunder echoed off all the mountainsides nearby. I even saw a couple of snowflakes. We managed to make it back to the car in record time-45 minutes from the top (it normally takes us 2-3 hours to hike up and about 1.5 hours to hike down), and just before the rain started in earnest. That has got to be the fastest I’ve ever moved above 10,000 feet. The endorphin rush when we made it back was awesome. Too bad I completely missed all the beautiful flowers, though.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

There’s some great photos in that gallery! I really like how some of them capture the expanse of the landscape including the color of the sky and the crisp detail of the clouds.

chupathingie
    Participant

very pretty shots! That’s some amazing country up there…

Plamadude30k
    Participant

I’m back now, and I just posted the last few. The last day and a half was completely ruined by heavy smoke blowing in from a nearby fire. Still, a good haul, all things considered.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Holy crap, those are stunning, Plama!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Eastern Sierra trip’ is closed to new replies.