Eclipse shots?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    millera9
    Participant

Just wanted to remind all you east coast types that there’s a lunar eclipse happening tonight (should be starting right about now…) We won’t be able to see it at all on the left coast, so I wanna see some pictures dammit!

/*cracks whip*
    //;)

Edit: Crap! It’s Saturday night, not tonight I guess… I’m an idiot.

zeke
    Participant

Analogy
    Participant

I live in Minnesota so the moon will just be rising as it leaves total eclipse…. I’m hoping the clouds clear up enough that I can actually see it, we’ve been getting snow for the last week or so. Minnesota’s not exactly the best place for astrophotography. =(

linguine
    Participant

If the eclipse had been this evening I couldve photographed it because there was a clear sky out here today, unfortunately theyre calling for clouds and rain so any lunar eclipse shots that I take may not be very lunary.

powerplantgirl
    Participant

Well I am gonna take my chances tonight, although I am in Colorado, so apparently my view will suck.
    So here’s to freezing your buns off for that cool shot!

zeke
    Participant

It’s going on right now, if you’re on the east coast.

Total Eclipse of the Moon

SYRACUSE, NEW YORK
    o ‘ o ‘
    W076 08, N43 02

Eastern Standard Time
    Moonrise 2007 Mar 03 17:50
    Middle of eclipse 2007 Mar 03 18:20.9
    Moon leaves totality 2007 Mar 03 18:58.0
    Moon leaves umbra 2007 Mar 03 20:11.7
    Moon leaves penumbra 2007 Mar 03 21:25.4
    Moonset 2007 Mar 04 06:52

If you want to know the details for your area (may be farked with people hitting it atm):
    http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/LunarEclipse.html

powerplantgirl
    Participant

Yep, farked.
    Behold the power of Farktography..or something 😛
    Maybe I can just subtract 2 hours from yours Zeke?

zeke
    Participant

For the times of the eclipse, yes, for the times the moon will rise in your area, kinda? The moon may be rising at 5:50pmEST in New York, but not until 6:30EST in say, Kentucky. It all depends on where in the time zone you are. It will be within an hour, though. I pulled the time for LA for millera9, and the moon will be rising at 5:50pmPST there, which means they’ll just catch the tail end of it. Check weather.com or something for the moonrise time in your area?

zeke
    Participant

Mutter, blasted cloud cover 🙁 Anyone in VA, NC, or somewhere clear get some good shots?

Analogy
    Participant

I was shooting some TV tonight so I couldn’t see. It was probably too cloudy anyway.

staplermofo
    Participant

I was shooting some TV tonight so I couldn’t see. It was probably too cloudy anyway.

You’re an Elvis impersonator?

Analogy
    Participant

You’re an Elvis impersonator?

I have no idea what that’s supposed to mean, but I meant that I’m a television cameraman and I was working tonight, which is why I missed the chance to photograph the eclipse.

staplermofo
    Participant

I have no idea what that’s supposed to mean, but I meant that I’m a television cameraman and I was working tonight, which is why I missed the chance to photograph the eclipse.

Elvis famously shot his TV. I can’t resist a pun.

Analogy
    Participant

Ooooooh. I’m not old enough to remember that.

Curious
    Participant

hell i’m old enough to remember when JFK died.

now get off my lawn.

i didn’t bother looking for the eclipse. it wasn’t supposed to be real good here and they said the best part would be blocked by the trees to my east.

well that’s not exactly how it was phrased. i like my trees but they do make looking at the horizon a bit difficult.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Eclipse shots?’ is closed to new replies.