email that rocked my world this morning

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill email that rocked my world this morning

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Snug Tight
    Participant

Very cool!! Congrats!

soosh
    Participant

Got a call at 5:45am this morning (one of the joys of living in the Alaska Time Zone) with an urgent request that we get this finalized today. It’s done. They’ve accepted my licensing agreement and have the image and the photo editor has promised that she will be taking a close look at the rest of my work.

By the way, I got awesome advice from a guy on photo.net, who provided me with licensing terminology I never would have come up with on my own. Here is what I sent them. Feel free to save it and use an altered version should you ever have a similar sale:

Discover Magazine
    Usage of IMG_2287.jpg Aurora In The Distance at ? page for April 2008 issue

Fee: $250
    General Terms and Conditions for image licensing
    Grant of Rights: Lance McVay represents and warrants that he is the owner of the photographs and has the unrestricted right to grant this license and rights. This license is valid only for the listed use. Any other use or reuse requires a new license. Client may not transfer this license. Licensed images may be altered.

Payment: Licensing fees Checks, wire transfer, and Paypal are accepted. For accounts or purchase orders, full payment must be received within 45 days after the invoice date or prior to publication. Rights are not transfered before payment is received.

Credit (mandatory for editorial uses): Lance McVay, SacredArtichoke Photography must appear on the same page as the photograph(s), except for covers and textbooks, where credit may be given on a separate page. If licensed for web use, credit must link to http://www.sacredartichoke.com

Copies: Client shall provide, if requested, one copy of the use.

Releases: Lance McVay does not have model, property, or other releases. Client indemnifies Lance McVay against all liabilities and expenses arising from unauthorized uses.

Payment should be remitted to

idle_hands
    Participant

Wow! congratulations soosh!

FutherMucker
    Participant

Very nice, Soosh ! Must be a great feeling. Congrats to you !

boringolddoug
    Participant

Wonderful. And well deserved, in my opinion.

boringolddoug
    Participant

If I ever do grow up, I want to be a photographer just lke soosh.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘email that rocked my world this morning’ is closed to new replies.