Enhance…

Forums Forums News Articles and Info Enhance…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Farktographer
    Participant

Enhance…
    Enhance…
    http://nikonrumors.com/2012/01/17/some-nikon-v1-ft-1-tc-2-0x-400mm-f2-8-fun-2160mm.aspx/
    /Enhance…

Do any of you use teleconverters?

sleeping
    Participant

I had similar (if not quite so excessive) thoughts: V1 + 80-200: 560mm, V1 + 70-300: 840mm… But I don’t expect a 2.8x crop from the 70-300 would be nearly that good….

Yugoboy
    Participant

I still get all blustery and pissy when the people in my favorite TV shows are all “I’ll enhance it… oh look! you can identify the perp through a reflection in the chrome of this car on a parking lot security camera with resolution worse than an old Disc camera.” I mean…. I love li’l Abby Schutto, but dayum…

Now, if they had this camera, I might be more inclined… but what corner bodega’s gonna shell out the bux?

😉

orionid
    Participant

😯

bender16v
    Participant

Even with the reported “camera shake” that is pretty sharp. Any idea what shutter speed he had to use for those? I didn’t see it in the article and there’s no Exif. I’m curious because there are some bald eagles at a park near me but I just can’t get close enough with my 70-300mm. I’ve bushwacked my way through the woods to get closer but they didn’t like that and left before I could get anywhere near them from that side of the river. My camera budget is blown for right now after getting some new lenses, but if it is still possible to use a teleconverter for perching birds and possibly action shots I might add one to my wish list. I know I would also need to get a very solid tripod.

Farktographer
    Participant

Not sure, but he’s shooing wide at 5.6, so I’m assuming you’d just use the same shutter speed that you’d use anyways, so a bird in flight could probably be captured if it’s bright enough outside.

Yoyo
    Participant

That’s just crazy! Even at 50% off, I’m not paying ?227.50 for a pair of Tommy shoes.

I’m assuming the focal length given is the 35mm equivalent, and after doing the math, that setup has a diagonal field of view of 1.15 degrees. I was thinking about getting the 2x extender for my primes (50/1.4 & 85/1.8 resulting in 100/2.8 and 170/3.6) since my telephoto zoom has a maximum aperture of about f/5 at those focal lengths.

chupathingie
    Participant

I’ve had a 2x on my wish list for ages now. A resulting 400@f5.6 (which I’d likely need to run at f8 for sharp stars) would be very good for most of the mid-sized DSOs out there.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Enhance…’ is closed to new replies.